Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

roco tst coil, AIR amount, 66rcv air amount

920 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sleeymas 
#1 ·
alrighty so i have a roco tst on a bottlerocket and i was wondering what exactly the air is for in it. i have it at just about 200 right now, it says minimum 180 on the shell. in the manual it says 146-178 so i am a little confused. if i lower the air what will it do/if i up it what will it do. i am 240lbs if that matters. a little confused the manual dosnt explain it much, is it bottom out resistance like a fox, its just called compensator air in the manual?:confused:

i am also running a 66rcv and it has air preload should i run much in there. i put like 5 pumps in it so it just registered on a low psi pump. the sag is good with or without air in it. i just feel like it tops out a little softer with air in it.

any help is appreciated this is my first full squish and i want to get the suspension set up right but im having trouble.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Start with the mfg suggested pressures then tweak them to your riding style as you progress if you are getting no small bump sensitivity lower the pressure a bit and if you are bottoming out constantly raise it some. If you still cant find your sweetspot bring it to your lbs have them help you, then write all the measurments on your fork/shock with a paint pen so there is no guessing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.