Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any good places in Colorado

1K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Nick. 
#1 ·
Hey Im sure someone on here is from colorado...well anyways i am planning on going to colorado after the winter, and i was wondering if there are any good downhill mountains near the denver area because thats where ill be. Or if its a ways away thats fine..If you have any good sites, or mountains that you could tell me that would be great..thanks...

#8 ·
Keystone is about 1 hour 40 min from Boulder. The greens at Keystone are a blast and not too hard some are even more on the XCish side of things. Most blues can be done by anyone that has had sometime on a mtb and again a blast. Mosquito coast is great no big moves on it just fun burms with good flow.

#11 ·
Madman133 said:
yes can be done by MOST people ;) lol unless your friend is like my dad and afraid to go down some steps then he shouldn't have a problem with the blues from what I have seen...
It was all in his mind. I think I saw a post last year all MTB was gone from Eldora. I think they did have one race but other than that no MTB's allowed. I'm sure others will post if that is wrong but I know for a fact they had zip for DH/FR.

#13 ·
Keystone has much more variety than Winter Park, especially on the more challenging side of things. But if Winter Park keeps all the jumps and ladders from Crankworx than it is definitly worth a visit or two.

#16 ·
keystone is definatley the king of the hills right now but now that winter park is owned Fortress Investment Group the company that owns whistler it is supposed to triple its runs and technical features in 2008-2009

#23 ·
Madman133 said:
Not as much as you might think...its a real outdoorsy town but more in the way of xc and not as much dh...Be prepared for an onslaught of green thinking if you go there...:thumbsup:
Couldn't be more green than nor-cal. lol Is there anything in the Colorado Springs area? I am looking at going to Colorado College there. Also, just curious, but how far is it to get to good ski resorts from Colorado Springs and Boulder?

#24 ·
novato kid said:
Couldn't be more green than nor-cal. lol Is there anything in the Colorado Springs area? I am looking at going to Colorado College there. Also, just curious, but how far is it to get to good ski resorts from Colorado Springs and Boulder?
No pretty sure it is more green then nor-cal lol. Yeah there are actually a few good spots if you know where to go. Hook up with some of the locals and they will show you where they are, my favorite is Palmer Park...some people dont like it but thats just cause they dont know where all the freeride stuff is ;) lol. From Colorado Springs its probably about 2-1/2 to 3 hours to keystone cause from my house its about 1-1/2 hours sometimes more depending on traffic and it takes about 45 min to get to my house from Colorado Springs. Boulder if I remember right is 1-/12 to 2 hours about...

btw is it cutting off some of the words for anyone else? Just noticed it recently on here and its really starting to make me mad...

#26 ·
MBX5 said:
Don't live and have never lived in Nor-Cal but if it is worse than Boulder you must not be able to even fart. Madman is right keystone is about 2.5 hrs. from the springs and 1 45 from boulder
Try Marin County. In my hometown there is not one legal single track trail, rangers have set traps with rebar, and hikers put up fishing wire on biking trails. I almost got a ticket for pulling off a fire road to let a ranger truck pass me. He said I ran over some wild goat grass species that was having trouble...
Back on topic now, how about resorts like vail, crested butte, and sol vista?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.