Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

the Crack trail, California - video

4K views 51 replies 32 participants last post by  X-Vert 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is my first ever video, filmed in November at the Crack on my point-and-shoot. I wanted to show an entire run of the trail instead of just a few highlights. Anyway, I hope y'all like it.

-rob in brooklyn

moss beach for life

See less See more
1 1
#10 ·
I rode that trail for the first time on Saturday.

Scared the piss out of me, but I made it all the way down.

That big 4-foot drop towards the top needs the trees trimmed that cover it. I ended up going around to the right instead of dropping it to avoid smacking my head on the trees.

P.S. Nice video.

#17 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
I rode that trail for the first time on Saturday.

Scared the piss out of me, but I made it all the way down.

That big 4-foot drop towards the top needs the trees trimmed that cover it. I ended up going around to the right instead of dropping it to avoid smacking my head on the trees.

P.S. Nice video.
Haha...too funny. Been there and done that. Last time I rode there I hit said branch and woke some ways down the trail drooling into the dirt. Good times! :thumbsup:

#18 ·
vid review

what sets this apart from most vids is you covered the entire trail, top to bottom without any choppy transitions. I counted 18 cuts...to get that many quality cuts with one camera, you gotta be a strong rider shuttling this trail. You obviously sessioned the different sections you featured from different angles, so what, did you get all the footage from 4 or 5 total runs?.

LIke the older vid from LeeLikesBIkes (on the PinkBike link above), you managed to capture the character of the Crack in a sequential way, while demonstrating great flow as a rider and editor! Unlike many other trails, the Crack does not allow one to really watch others clear the techy sections b/c of branches, narrow chutes and tight turns. this vid gives us a chance to watch a very strong rider clear it all!

I ride the Crack 2-3 days a week, and I can honestly say your video matches the continuous loop I have in my mind's eye ('cept you're a way better rider than I am!)
thanks for the hard work and keep it up.

now, on to Mile and Boyscout!!!
Bakersfield indeed!

#19 ·
PTownDiddy said:
what sets this apart from most vids is you covered the entire trail, top to bottom without any choppy transitions. I counted 18 cuts...to get that many quality cuts with one camera, you gotta be a strong rider shuttling this trail. You obviously sessioned the different sections you featured from different angles, so what, did you get all the footage from 4 or 5 total runs?.

LIke the older vid from LeeLikesBIkes (on the PinkBike link above), you managed to capture the character of the Crack in a sequential way, while demonstrating great flow as a rider and editor! Unlike many other trails, the Crack does not allow one to really watch others clear the techy sections b/c of branches, narrow chutes and tight turns. this vid gives us a chance to watch a very strong rider clear it all!

I ride the Crack 2-3 days a week, and I can honestly say your video matches the continuous loop I have in my mind's eye ('cept you're a way better rider than I am!)
thanks for the hard work and keep it up.

now, on to Mile and Boyscout!!!
Bakersfield indeed!
yeah making a good video of the crack that captures the run from top to bottom, it takes time. for the Lee video, we rode from like 9am till 1-2pm....push, ride, push, ride, push, ride...good stuff.

I want to ride now...

#23 ·
MattP. said:
Damn, that looks like fun. I need to make it out there to "Bakersfield" one of these days. These trails, Boyscout, Crank, and Tunnel, in "Bakersfield" are they pretty hard to find? Best if a local comes with?
There all preety self explanatory to find. For some reson, I never can make it up to crack, it is just too far up there and I am having way too much fun on boyscout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.