Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Whistler 9/29 - 10/6

572 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ebxtreme 
#1 ·
3 of us are heading there for the first time this Saturday morning.

It's almost 90 degrees and sunny right now in Philly, but the forecast for Whistler this weekend is near freezing with a whole lot of rain. At least the lines should be short.

If anyone's gonna be there during that time and wants to hook up for some runs, PM me.

PS - I've been running Nevegals most of the year, but I picked up a new Michelin DH 16 (supposedly great in wet) and a Minion DHF. How are the Minions in the wet?

#4 ·
ebxtreme said:
We'll be up there for closing weekend from the 5-7th. Look for a dude dressed as a rasta man with a ghetto blaster strapped to his camelback (mattpatt) and you'll see me as well. Not sure what I'll be sporting yet.

Be prepped for cold weather.....it snowed on us closing weekend last year.

Cheers,
EB
I was afraid of that. My next question was going to be how warm of riding gear to pack, but looks like I can tell by your pics from last year.

My crew -- black Banshee Scream, gray RMX, red/blue Tomac... all w/ 888's. I know, not like that's gonna help, but just in case.

#5 ·
Mega T said:
I was afraid of that. My next question was going to be how warm of riding gear to pack, but looks like I can tell by your pics from last year.

My crew -- black Banshee Scream, gray RMX, red/blue Tomac... all w/ 888's. I know, not like that's gonna help, but just in case.
Even if it's sunny and warm down low, it gets chilly up top this time of the year. I'd suggest being over prepared with clothing rather than needing to pay exorbitant prices in the village for something you left at home. If it's wet, cold and muddy, you'll be glad you brought the proper gear with you.

EB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.