Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Marzocchi Drop Off's?

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Jekyll_Jockey 
#1 ·
Considering getting a Kona Stinky '07 :thumbsup: and was wondering what people think of the Drop Off's? Cant find them on the Marzocchi website :yikes:

And thoughts?

#2 ·
They're a trustworthy fork to get started on, but not a fork to aspire to have. They will take a hit and are reliable, but in time you will want to upgrade to a "plusher", more "progressive" fork. They will get you going and you'll have fun!:thumbsup:

#5 ·
just take a look at my previous posts and try to get the bike with some thing else .
The rebound has absolutely no damping . The internal adjustment is a joke too.

Put some air in the right leg and it tops out very bad . listen to me .very bad . And when you piss tha air out in order to slow the rebound it will go all the way through its travel with a baby head or a front brake.
The SSV damping system was an engineer miss calculate in fluid dynamics.

i had the same post before i got my Stinky and people told me its crap . I didnt listen and it cost me a 66RC2X.

#8 ·
todd_freeride said:
dropoff's are easy to set up if you know what you're doing.
Yup you have to find or make a special suspension oil for it . Its viscosity must be around 50 Wt .
I made it with a mixture of a 10 Wt and a 80 Wt oil. But still it wont go through its travel progressivly .

Try a 66 - 888 or a super T.

#9 ·
I have a 06 DOT and i don't know if its the same as the 07 but adjusting the rebound on the right leg by taking off the cap and using a 12mm hex helped a lot. Straight from the shop the stupid thing was like a pogo stick, but after the adjustment it works surprisingly well. increased oil to 10w also.

#10 ·
SABER_MTB said:
Yup you have to find or make a special suspension oil for it . Its viscosity must be around 50 Wt .
I made it with a mixture of a 10 Wt and a 80 Wt oil. But still it wont go through its travel progressivly .

Try a 66 - 888 or a super T.
ohh yes, because you obviously know more about forks than I do ohh so powerful saber mtb. because you know, I only own a shiver, and have only had 888's 66's boxxers etc in the past, so I must know nothing about them right?

80wt oil WILL ruin your fork. 10wt should be used or you should experiment with different brands. just because you dont know what you're doing when it comes to forks, thus they ride poorly doesn't mean its a bad product. a little knowledge goes a long way.

#14 ·
dowst said:
Unless you get a 2004 or older Super T then you're really just buying a Drop Off with Compression and Rebound. RCV is just SSV/SSVF renamed
Was the 2005/2006 SSVF? I considered a 2006 super T once, I has hoping it was HSCV. never figured it out though, went with a shiver.

#15 ·
todd_freeride said:
Was the 2005/2006 SSVF? I considered a 2006 super T once, I has hoping it was HSCV. never figured it out though, went with a shiver.
I don't think there was 2005 Super T (might have been an OEM model), just the Monster T, JR T, 66, and 888.

The Super T came back in 2006 as an OEM fork and had SSVF damping. 2007 zoke offered the Super T as after market, had a variation of SSVF, but sneakily renamed the damping "RCV" in attempt to rid themselves of the SSVF crappy damping connotation.

#16 ·
dowst said:
I don't think there was 2005 Super T (might have been an OEM model), just the Monster T, JR T, 66, and 888.

The Super T came back in 2006 as an OEM fork and had SSVF damping. 2007 zoke offered the Super T as after market, had a variation of SSVF, but sneakily renamed the damping "RCV" in attempt to rid themselves of the SSVF crappy damping connotation.
hmm, yea you're right. my friend got a yakuza fully that came with that fork, he hated it. I kept thinking "what is there to hate about a super T?" :p :thumbsup: now I know, thanks.

#19 ·
i loved mine. but i have to lube the stanctions to make it feel good. it took me about 5 minutes to set it absolutly PERFECT. and the only problem i had since then is a dent in the stanction. so it couldnt get passed the dent cuz it buldged out on the sides of the dent.

#22 ·
You can get super t or junior t internals from marzocchi that will fit in the drop off fork and it will feel just like the super t and costs around 200 bucks. If you have a good shop that you trust and the mechanics aren't all single speed XC jerkoffs they should be able to hook it up. I'd still replace it if you can but if you scrape the stickers off if makes a great sleeper fork.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.