Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rockgardn Flak JAcket fit ??

752 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  s62 
#1 ·
Hey I just got my new Rockgardn Flak JAcket its nice I like that I can take the elbows off and stuff. Here is my question for anybody who has one do you wear this under your jersey or just wear the flak jacket over like a shirt cause this thing is Huge.. I am 240lb not a big belly 240lb a athletic 240lb and when i put this on then my Jersey I look like a Ninja Turtle when they wear there trench coats to cover there shell I mean I like a F***ing Linebacker jersey feels like its gonna rip its crazy.. I mean with just the flak jacket on like over a under armour shirt it looks somewhat normal.. Just wondering if anybody had this problem..

#3 ·
They told me to get a 2XL cause my chest measurement is 48 on the dot so they said get the size bigger for mobility.. Maybe I shouldve went with the XL?

#4 · (Edited)
I'm about 265lbs with a 51in chest and the XXL fits me just about perfect. You probably could get away with the XL. If the armor is loose and can move around it may be less effective. That said, a tight jersey over the top may help hold it down somewhat. I've got a XXXL Troy Lee jersey that I picked up cheap from pricepoint that works well. I have seen a few riders wearing the Flak Jacket (and other brands, of course) without a jersey over the top. I woudn't because I'd be concerned about ripping the mesh during a crash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.