Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

7Springs Gravity Park

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  FstWRX 
#1 ·
http://www.7springs.com/things_to_do/downhill_mtnbike.php

Well it looks like the new 7 Springs downhill course will be opening this Saturday. I was up there this past weekend riding the 24 hour course and my friend and I decided to check out the dh course. We were not too impressed. The xc trails up there are more challenging than the new downhill course. Basically the downhill course is just a few tight burmed corners with a few small doubles and table tops thrown in, nothing extreme at all. So if your heading up there this weekend don't get your hopes up too high.

Also, I wonder why they would open the gravity course on the same weekend as the 24 hour xc race. You'll probably get a bunch of newbs up there getting in the way of all the racers.

Well if anybody heads up there let us know what you think of the new downhill course.

#2 ·
This is step one

Gang, Its true, the yet to be named Gravity trail is in no way challenging to an experienced all moutain or freerider, but that was not the point. The point was to start with a very accessable signature trail to serve as a starting point for more technical and advanced trails to be built. This initial trail is intended for riders of all levels- 1st time to expert.

If anyone wants to see this thing take off a the Springs, the best thing you can do is vote with your dollars and go check it out for yourselves.

A lot of local riders have worked and lobbied really hard to get the trail opened this year. It is a great example of a small resort going out on a limb to try to break into the MTB Scene.

Please support this effort. I have heard first hand the plans for the back side of the mountain and they are cool. But This is not the type of thing you can build in a season. Lets get out there and use it, have some fun, get some air, have a few beers and talk to the resort about what we want to see.

I have a house a seven springs and ride there at least 3 days a week (in the area anyways). The end result of this initial offering could be incredible. Lets try to stay positive and help spur more investment.

Get out there and Ride! Cheers.

#3 ·
InvictaS1 said:
http://www.7springs.com/things_to_do/downhill_mtnbike.php

Well it looks like the new 7 Springs downhill course will be opening this Saturday. I was up there this past weekend riding the 24 hour course and my friend and I decided to check out the dh course. We were not too impressed. The xc trails up there are more challenging than the new downhill course. Basically the downhill course is just a few tight burmed corners with a few small doubles and table tops thrown in, nothing extreme at all. So if your heading up there this weekend don't get your hopes up too high.

Also, I wonder why they would open the gravity course on the same weekend as the 24 hour xc race. You'll probably get a bunch of newbs up there getting in the way of all the racers.

Well if anybody heads up there let us know what you think of the new downhill course.
THANK YOU!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.