Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Half a pound????

904 views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  RedRocker 
#1 ·
I'm looking to move to a Pike (from a Revelation) and can get a 426 for $150 less than a 454. Weight diff (according to the website) is .4 pounds for the air U-Turn. The weight's in the hollow crown and aluminum steerer. Spend my money. Is it worth it to keep the extra weight off the front end or should I go with the deal?

#3 ·
Isn't it still the fork of the century? Why would I want to sell it?
;)

Is the Reve 426 -> Pike 426 not enough of an upgrade? I need more digits?

I think the air + U-Turn would make it unloadable if/when I decide to do so.

#10 ·
You wish you beat D to the punch!

Uh, I'm probably going to sell it. I PM'd D-Rock on another board and called his Rebas wimpy. Barring that I'd be happy to sell it to you. 426 Air U-Turn that I got last March-ish. I haven't even looked into what a fair price is for it.
It does have a little scratch on a stanchion and it looks like a year and a half old fork. Other than that it's groovy.

#14 ·
RedRocker said:
You wish you beat D to the punch!

Uh, I'm probably going to sell it. I PM'd D-Rock on another board and called his Rebas wimpy. Barring that I'd be happy to sell it to you. 426 Air U-Turn that I got last March-ish. I haven't even looked into what a fair price is for it.
It does have a little scratch on a stanchion and it looks like a year and a half old fork. Other than that it's groovy.
RSutton198 is always a follower. :prft: Hell, 6 months ago he thought a Homegrown with V-Brakes was the best thing since sliced bread! Now he's rockin' a Ciclón with a CCDB and a Lyrik. :thumbsup:

My REBAs are wimpy, that's why I have them on hardtails. It's a good thing Sherwood gusseted the head tube on my Chiquillo, 130mm will be nice on the descents!!

I'm proud of you RR, you dropped some coin to upgrade the Spot. You may be a true Homer after all. ;)

D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.