Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dewliiiiieeeee question

596 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  snowskilz 
#1 ·
after lookin at the local shops, the MRP DRS doesnt seem practical for my use.... and the DRS is overkill, although if this question isnt answered it will be what im gunna get

i have heard several problems about the backpedaling using a blackspire Dewlie... i really liked it when i saw it... its very very light it looks like its heavy but it isnt. it also doesnt require backpedlaing...

yeah so is it worht 200 canadian? or should i order online and just get the DRS for 150 form bikeroom.com???

thanks felllllaaaaaaaaaaaas

#4 ·
I think that Evil's guides include a small metal circlular piece that mounts on the bottom bracket and has ISCG mounts on it. I'd double check but Im' pretty sure that it includes.

#5 ·
Dewlie's work very well and $200 cdn is a very good price. Good chainline is crucial with the Dewlie though, if it's bad, you'll drop the chain down to the granny when backpedaling. I kind of worked around that on my Bullit by turning the roller around and using it like a stepped roller like the Evil has. Worked for me for a couple of seasons. It's very strong, I've bashed it on rocks pretty hard and nothing has ever bent.

#7 ·
but i can get a Evil DRS for 175 shipped, but the blackspire wll be 200 plus tax!!!

im just wondering if i need more hardware to install the DRS, cuz in all the pics it looks like it atatchs to the ISGC tabs, tabs that my norco doesnt have!!! ARRRGGG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.