3K views 77 replies 32 participants last post by  BJ- 
#1 ·
with the US flag :

Good idea or BAD idea...?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
flyingwalrus said:
why would you want to be patriotic at a time like this? Well, if that's how you feel...it does look pretty good considering it's got a flag painted on it
I think it looks great. Lets not get into a political discussion but right now is the best time to be patriotic and to support your troops that are fighting out there.

#11 ·
cool paint, a bit over the top. Then again, americans arent known for their subtlety.

Its funny, just like t-shirts, american flag ones will be draped 100% over the thing spotting it from miles, where canadian ones may have a small maple leaf on the sleeve:p .

#12 ·
What I know is that if I have to chose btw my old Kona and that D-9 with the flag I keep the Kona... Cuz I don't have the balls to ride that flag....lol

And be honest now...how many of you will realy ride that bike in public pleases...

#14 ·
konabiker said:
i wouldn't ride that thing in iraq
I wouldn't ride that thing in the White House ; )

#15 ·
zedro said:
cool paint, a bit over the top. Then again, americans arent known for their subtlety.

Its funny, just like t-shirts, american flag ones will be draped 100% over the thing spotting it from miles, where canadian ones may have a small maple leaf on the sleeve:p .
zedro, that's because in America, you gotta go big or go home. That's the way of life, whether its getting a hamburger at McDonalds or buying a Ford at the local dealership.

#17 ·
A Golf TDI...How cute.

Lucky13 said:
I think Canadian riders will kick our asses as far as riding goes.

Second that love for big. I think it's stupid driving Hummer to work and back. What's that number again? 8 miles on a gallon? Sorry, I do 50 on my TDI Golf!
LOL! Honest to God, I'm not trying to make a political statement here as much as vent how it's getting pretty tiring and ridiculous how everyone feels almost required to preface any statement, picture, idea or otherwise in the context of how the PC police are going to react. Screw them! I like that bike with the American flag. I like Hummers. I also like those TDI Beetles. I like Canada. I like Mexico. I'm not too fond of the French right now, but I think they've always been a little "different" under any circumstances. What the heck happened to people when everything has to be so factionalized. You've got your USA haters, your Bullit haters, your single pivot haters, your XC haters, your roadie haters, your "cager" haters. I mean, Damn...when did so many people get so "categorized" and strongly opinionated in their views on every stinkin' thing under the sun. Many may reject the idea that they are at a level of actually "hating" these issues or others not mentioned, but there sure seems to be some unreasonably strong feelings about everything from what kind of vehicle someone drives to a flag paint job on their bike. I'm a little amazed that so many "younger" people already have this rigid type of mindset. I thought that was reserved for us "older", set-in-their-ways, curmudgeons. Man, if some of you are already getting your shorts in a knot over these issues, wait until the real crap hits the fan. Well, back to the original issue of that flag paint job, I recall seeing a fairly flamboyant Canadian maple leaf paint job on either a custom or production bike some time back--maybe RM or someone. Funny thing...I saw it as a cool paint job just reflecting a little national pride. Nothing wrong with that as far I'm aware. If you want to drive an 8 mpg Hummer, that's your business. Necessity if the mother of invention. As those Hummers eat up the fossil fuel, maybe more will start driving those TDI VWs or the alternative power vehicles will actually have the incentive to be aggresively developed and produced.

#20 ·
First off, that bike is really cool looking...

But what's with the anti-American BS? Flying Walrus said "why would you want to be patriotic at a time like this?" Juanjo said that he wouldn't have the balls to ride a bike with a flag on it in public. Guys, you need to learn to distinguish between your country and your government. They are NOT the same thing.

Feel free to dislike the 4-8 year stint that is and/or will be the Bush administration. Lord knows I wasn't a fan of the preceding occupant of the White House. But you need to distinguish the transient nature of an administration that will, at maximum, last a total of 8 years, from the more permanent nature of a country with a proud 227 year plus history.

If you have a problem with what's going on in government, get involved and vote the offending person(s) out. If you don't participate in your civic duty as an American, then you've got no right to complain. If, however, you have a fundamental problem with the country itself, then move. That's right, beat it. If this place sucks so bad, then go forth and find utopia elsewhere.

Of course, the reality is that you won't. Remember when, during the 2000 presidential race, celebrities like Cher, Barbara Striesand, and Alec Baldwin all made public statements that if Bush won they would move out of the country? Curiously, Bush is now president and has been for almost 4 years, but all those loudmouth a$$holes still live here. This despite an outpouring of offers from people willing to buy them first-class one-way tickets to any country in the world. Why do you suppose it is that they didn't make good on their threats and leave-it certainly isn't that they can't afford to.

Sure, this place isn't perfect, but of all the places I've been, it's the hands-down winner. There are opportunities and freedoms here that are enjoyed nowhere else in the world, and hundreds of thousands of your fellow Americans fought and died so that you might enjoy them.

In sum, you don't have to like the current state of the GOVERNMENT, but you might at least have the decency to respect the COUNTRY for which so many sacrificed all.

#21 ·
BigDigger said:
But what's with the anti-American BS? Flying Walrus said "why would you want to be patriotic at a time like this?" Juanjo said that he wouldn't have the balls to ride a bike with a flag on it in public. Guys, you need to learn to distinguish between your country and your government. They are NOT the same thing.

Feel free to dislike the 4-8 year stint that is and/or will be the Bush administration. Lord knows I wasn't a fan of the preceding occupant of the White House. But you need to distinguish the transient nature of an administration that will, at maximum, last a total of 8 years, from the more permanent nature of a country with a proud 227 year plus history.

If you have a problem with what's going on in government, get involved and vote the offending person(s) out. If you don't participate in your civic duty as an American, then you've got no right to complain. If, however, you have a fundamental problem with the country itself, then move. That's right, beat it. If this place sucks so bad, then go forth and find utopia elsewhere.

Of course, the reality is that you won't. Remember when, during the 2000 presidential race, celebrities like Cher, Barbara Striesand, and Alec Baldwin all made public statements that if Bush won they would move out of the country? Curiously, Bush is now president and has been for almost 4 years, but all those loudmouth a$$holes still live here. This despite an outpouring of offers from people willing to buy them first-class one-way tickets to any country in the world. Why do you suppose it is that they didn't make good on their threats and leave-it certainly isn't that they can't afford to.

Sure, this place isn't perfect, but of all the places I've been, it's the hands-down winner. There are opportunities and freedoms here that are enjoyed nowhere else in the world, and hundreds of thousands of your fellow Americans fought and died so that you might enjoy them.

In sum, you don't have to like the current state of the GOVERNMENT, but you might at least have the decency to respect the COUNTRY for which so many sacrificed all.
Dude... I understand your position as an American person but in the history you can find that this country did many things in wich for today peoples like me ,from argentina , and many other countrys in the world need to come here to try to make a "better" living even when some people don't like this country and man...let me stop right there...

#23 ·
Who knows. I don't hate american's only the ones that think so highly of themselves and their country. Some are miss led into thinking that if your not american your a bad guy. As well the american media tends to portray a different scene that what it actually is in real life? Are there Nuke's in Iraq? Where there Bio weapons in iraq? Think of the big picture because your the victim of some ones personal agenda, so your taking bullets for a guy who loves oil (bush). Is Bush really christian, no not really no one would use a religion as an excuse to justify what is right and wrong. In other words its a great bike with a good paint job, that artists deserves alot of credit.

#25 ·
Max_winner1 said:
Are there Nuke's in Iraq? Where there Bio weapons in iraq?
just wait a little longer... see what happens around election time...
maybe bush has "something" under his sleeve..

as for the oil story..
i dont get it, since we went into iraq the oil prices have being going up, i dont know if you live in mars but here in the states they are way up..

#26 ·
Manic said:
just wait a little longer... see what happens around election time...
maybe bush has "something" under his sleeve..

as for the oil story..
i dont get it, since we went into iraq the oil prices have being going up, i dont know if you live in mars but here in the states they are way up..
The prices here are still really low compared to the rest of the world. It seems the SUV phenomenon is finally starting to catch up with us. I think its good that they keep prices up, that way people might drive a bit less and there fore in effect save a bit of oil. But...I dont have my license yet (3 1/2 months left) so my voice doesnt count. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.