Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Is it ok to run 2 different springs in a fork?

732 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  FISHLEG 
#1 ·
I found a set of firm Monster T springs in my box of junk.

I was thinking of trying one medium and one firm spring, since it's just a bit too soft with the stock springs.

This should be "all sytems GO" shouldn't it?

Anyone disagree?

#4 ·
I did that with a 2005 Boxxer WC, no problems

#6 ·
Yeah, I did the same thing in my '02 Monster T. Heck, if you think about it, many shocks have only one spring in one leg or only use one leg for the air spring with no problems. However, the MT is a pretty flexy fork and not having those spring rates identical in each leg may indeed cause some binding at the legs...LOL!

NOT!

#8 ·
TNC said:
Yeah, I did the same thing in my '02 Monster T. Heck, if you think about it, many shocks have only one spring in one leg or only use one leg for the air spring with no problems. However, the MT is a pretty flexy fork and not having those spring rates identical in each leg may indeed cause some binding at the legs...LOL!

NOT!
Yeah, what noodles. Sell that POS and buy yourself a Dorado.

#9 ·
Hardtails Are Better said:
Yeah, what noodles. Sell that POS and buy yourself a Dorado.
probably the most idiotic thing a person has ever written........the most durable fork ever made for A dorado that there are no parts for now and they need constant maintenance....for a little weight savings......hmmm is 2 pounds worth hjaving your bike sit in the garage waiting for the dorado fork to get back from shipping it to Manitou??? I think not

Good Call By You :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (very sarcastic tone)

#10 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
probably the most idiotic thing a person has ever written........the most durable fork ever made for A dorado that there are no parts for now and they need constant maintenance....for a little weight savings......hmmm is 2 pounds worth hjaving your bike sit in the garage waiting for the dorado fork to get back from shipping it to Manitou??? I think not

Good Call By You :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (very sarcastic tone)
Click me.

#13 ·
Yeah, now that I think about it a little more, his post makes absolutly no sense. If there are no parts avalible, how the hell is Manitou supposed to be fixing one?
that what it was about......a joke within a joke.....lost in translation.....I was joking back at you for saying monsters are flexy.....it didn't come across;)

#18 ·
I think this thread is sufficiently hijacked. :D
no......eem some people are gay (flamers) and run the same springs

but others are like hetrosexual and like different springs and both are cool but my preference is for different springs......just don't like the other lifestyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.