Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need a new coil spring - wanna swap?

469 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gman086 
#1 ·
Have a 3.25 x 400 lb coil spring for a Fox DHX 5.0 (travel is actually 3" but apparently Fox rates theirs differently?) and need a 450 lb version. Anyone want to swap? Anyone have good luck with the RCS Ti springs? I hear PUSH is planning on coming out with their own Ti springs soon?!

Thanks!

G

#2 ·
it's almost the same price for shipping to buy a new one...you can get one less then 35 bucks....yes the Ti is the way to go....they make them only in 3.0 but the same thing...what is your weight...I weigh 205 to 210 and the 500 lb spring is a little soft for my M-3

#3 ·
Yeah, you're probably right SMT, I'll check over at Ride This today. I'm 175-185 lbs depending on how much gear I wear so I'm guessing the 450 lb spring should be perfect on my M3? Is your 500 lb spring Ti? I've heard the spring rates haven't been very consistent on the RCS Ti springs (thus a big reason PUSH is getting in the market from what they told me).

Cheers,

G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.