Rocky Mountain VS. Kona

• Rocky Mountain

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Kona

Votes: 21 38.9%

Rocky Mountain VS. Kona

8K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  frisky_zissou 
#1 ·
Just wondering from your guys personal experience which has better overall quality(design, workmanship, handeling, etc...)

Thanks

#3 ·
They're both great. I have more experience on kona's.

Rocky Mountain are hand made in canada
Kona are made in taiwan.

Kona's new D.O.P.E. system is pretty cool though.

For me, I would have a really hard time deciding. But I would probably just go RM due to country of origin.

#4 ·
i ride a completely tricked out stinky, but man would i love to get my hands on an rmx. i think rockymountain si gonna be better made, and desgined. well i take that back that new linkage/desgin kona has is sickkk. but konas are gonna be cheaper. what bikes are u comparing between the 2 companies

#5 ·
basicly im comparing the RMX's to the stinkys and stabs. i race DH on an '07 stinky and its great so far, but the whole made in tiawan thing totaly turns me off. and im curious as to if rocky mountain will be a better choice for next season. and price is not a matter to me.

#6 ·
I personally have never ridden a Kona, so I can't say positive or negative things about their bikes. Compared to other DH bikes I have ridden, I liked the ROcky's the best & that is why I run them. The handling is superb, the Saint component package is great & they worked out all the minor kinks and the '07 RMX Team bike is the way to go. It's a dream to ride.

#7 ·
i have ridden quite a few konas,from xc bikes to their DH bikes,and they all ride great.not to start this debate again,but so what if something is made in taiwan?i guess since you say money is not an issue then why not get something that is a little more boutiquish.but i dont think just because something is made in taiwan makes it a turn off.

ps:this winter im planning on building a new bike...right now i have my sights on a stinky,swtich,or transition...so im in the same boat

#8 ·
dd13 said:
i have ridden quite a few konas,from xc bikes to their DH bikes,and they all ride great.not to start this debate again,but so what if something is made in taiwan?i guess since you say money is not an issue then why not get something that is a little more boutiquish.but i dont think just because something is made in taiwan makes it a turn off.

ps:this winter im planning on building a new bike...right now i have my sights on a stinky,swtich,or transition...so im in the same boat
your gonna have to ride both bikes and see what you like better. for downhilling man, appretnly rmx arent to great for it, but for freeriding there amazing. and with koan you havew a choice of downhill or freeride rigs. but now that transition has been thrown into the mix thats a real tough choice.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.