Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chris Vandine - 2nd American at Mt. Snow...

902 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dirtjockey 
#1 ·
A huge congrats to Chris Vandine, of Team Go-ride.com, who finished 7th (2nd American) in the Pro DH at the Mt. Snow National this past weekend. This was a breakout finish for Chris and from what I understand he was only about 1 sec. from the podium. With 4 Nationals to go you just might see a podium from him before the season is over.

Also, a big congrats to Shaums March with his best finish in a number of years. Shaums was top American (although he lives in Canada) with a 4th place finish. Go-ride is helping out Shaums this year with our Lowrider 888 crowns.

#2 ·
Scott@GO-RIDE.com said:
A huge congrats to Chris Vandine, of Team Go-ride.com, who finished 7th (2nd American) in the Pro DH at the Mt. Snow National this past weekend. This was a breakout finish for Chris and from what I understand he was only about 1 sec. from the podium. With 4 Nationals to go you just might see a podium from him before the season is over.

Also, a big congrats to Shaums March with his best finish in a number of years. Shaums was top American (although he lives in Canada) with a 4th place finish. Go-ride is helping out Shaums this year with our Lowrider 888 crowns.
Good job guys!
Was he on one of your new ventanas?

#4 ·
SILVERHUFFY said:
Good job guys!
Was he on one of your new ventanas?
Chris rides a Ventana El Cuervo with a Marz. 888 and Go-ride Lowrider crowns.

Shaums rides for Norco with a Marz. 888 and Go-ride Lowrider crowns.

I'm so stoke for Chris. He's worked hard this season, but had a lot of bad luck until Mt. Snow. The best part about Mt. Snow is that he qualified 6th and finished 7th, meaning that he ran two very consistent runs and not just a lucky finals run.

#5 ·
Scott@GO-RIDE.com said:
Chris rides a Ventana El Cuervo with a Marz. 888 and Go-ride Lowrider crowns.

Shaums rides for Norco with a Marz. 888 and Go-ride Lowrider crowns.

I'm so stoke for Chris. He's worked hard this season, but had a lot of bad luck until Mt. Snow. The best part about Mt. Snow is that he qualified 6th and finished 7th, meaning that he ran two very consistent runs and not just a lucky finals run.
Thats the same guy that was riding the big yellow asterix up at bootleg a couple months ago?
I hope you guys get a top 3 this year! CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS! (and go-ride!!)

#9 ·
MTBsSd said:
**DOH** I thought he was talking about shaums... and has he always been with norco cuz I coulda' sworn he rode for specialized
That's cool that Chris did so well on the ventana, I think that bike is way underated.
At this point I think the Cuervo is still in the "not rated" category. It's still such a new product with very limited distribution that few riders have every actually seen one. If we can ever get enough of them out there to get full market awareness this bike will be regarded as one of the top performing bikes. How do I know... ;)

#10 ·
Scott, did Chris race at angelfire? I remember seeing a guy on a ElCuervo with 888s and all sorts of Go-Ride stickers and logos on jerseys and stuff. Talked to him a bit about the bike, definitely looks a lot more beautiful in person than the pics online do:D

Oh and congrats on the win, hopefully you guys can get a top 3 finish. :)

#11 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Scott, did Chris race at angelfire? I remember seeing a guy on a ElCuervo with 888s and all sorts of Go-Ride stickers and logos on jerseys and stuff. Talked to him a bit about the bike, definitely looks a lot more beautiful in person than the pics online do:D

Oh and congrats on the win, hopefully you guys can get a top 3 finish. :)
Anglefire would have been JP Lutterloh out of AZ. This is JPs first season as a Pro, so he is doing select National races and as many regionals as he can. Hopefully, next season JP will be on the full North American tour.

#12 ·
Jim Thorpe native CHris Vandine

Yeah it was great to see the Jim Thorpe Pa. local Chris do so well at Snow. He did great at the US open in New Jersey a few weeks ago. He was on his way to a great run until he lost it at the bottom of the hard rock garden section. He commented on how he now was out of the money, proceeded to push it back up to the top of the section, remounted, and did this wicked tailwhip over the last rock!! The crowd roared. Someone posted the video on the hcor.net site. Go Chris!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.