Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My new commuter (vintage content)

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  KavuRider 
#1 ·
Just bought this from a friend tonight. This is going to be my new commuter bike for awhile, for when the Xtracycle is too much.

I've always wanted a Fat Chance (grew up in New England) and now I finally have one! Vintage XT/Ringle components, very sweet. Super light, I think it weighs half of what my XC bike does!

Anyways, just thought I'd share. :thumbsup: And yes, the picture is at a weird angle.

The second picture is my trusty Xtracycle Cannondale conversion.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Xtracycle

Very useful tool to have around.

Just today I used it to haul an old entertainment center to the dumpster after breaking it down. Only limit is your imagination, as it can haul up to 200 lbs. Mine has 28c roadie tires with Speedcity wheels...super fast.

The Fat Chance is FAST. Especially after riding DH rigs lately.

Attachments

#7 ·
Kavu, so how many bikes do you have now, like 10?

#10 ·
Yeah...its very strange riding the Fat Chance...not used to having less than 8" of travel and definitely not used to a hardtail.
Rode it to work this morning and it FLEW. Also went grocery shopping with it and my messenger bag yesterday...lots of fun.

Hopefully I'll get the next project done this week (azdog knows).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.