Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Snowshoe for Cheap?

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  buccilli15 
#1 ·
I want to try and get up there a couple times this summer. Any campgrounds in the area?

#2 ·
yeah, there are a bunch of campgrounds in the area. I camped up there last summer and I couldn't find any right on the mountain, but I ended up staying at a sweet campground about 15 min. from the top of the mountain. It was really cheap and the owner even cut us a deal b/c it was just me and my friend and we're poor college students :) Just google search it, I remember that there were lots.

#5 ·
FCLINDER said:
There will be a lot of us up there that weekend. Look for a Blue and White 07 Giant Glory with white wheels. That will be me, so say hay!!!!:thumbsup:

Cecil
Cool. Not to hijack the thread, but what can i expect as far as the trails go? The girl is coming too and just want to make sure we're not getting in over her head...

#6 ·
Very Technical XC. Fast and fun. Great DH and FR too, but i've been there that early in the season and its REALLY muddy. I'll never go back that early in the year. We went the past two years in a row. Early June in 05 and late July in 06. It was 10x better in July...

Enjoy the mudfest!

#8 ·
Cool, should've thought about google. Checked the resort website, couldn't find anything for cheap. I've been snowboarding there a lot, and it seems that every year they try and give you less for more. Heard the biking is awesome though.

#9 ·
The resort is expensive, and they don't allow camping on the property if i'm not mistaken. They want you to rent a high $$$ room. Actually though, the summer rates are pretty cheap compared to other "vacation" spots and much cheaper than the winter season rates. Last year in july we rented a cabin that sleeps 10 for a week for under $1000. Split between 5 people it was spacicous and affordable, and right on the edge of the western territory 2 minutes from the pro DH course. No camping for me at SnowShoe. :cool:

#10 ·
They do allow camping on the property at SnowShoe, they just don't advertise it

Camp in the Silver Creek parking lot for free. You can even pay a couple bucks to use the showers at Silver Creek if you want (bathrooms are accessible for free). I camped there a few times last season, there is usually plenty of room, even on race weekends.

There is a bear that likes to raid the camp sites, so keep all your food put away at night or loose it!

#18 ·
Me and about 2-3 friends heading that way later this summer. Wheres silver creek? Were going to try to do it as cheap as possible. Were going to leave(columbus, ohio) friday morning and proably stop in southern ohio and ride there for about 2 hours or so then head down to snowshoe and camp somewhere for the night and then ride snowshoe all day sat and come home on sunday. I love snowshoe for boarding in the winter can't wait to see it in the summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.