Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bottlerocket Test-Ride

892 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  tacubaya 
#1 ·
I called the local Transition dealer thinking I would have to be making a pre-order to just get a tet-ride...but sure enough....hes got 1 Black Medium rocket with a Totem and DHX 5.0 coil! He said he'd hold it for me...and i think im making the trip up tomorrow. Doubt I will be making the actual purchase on the spot....but I bet it will be tough leaving that store empty handed!

With my build I was going to put a zocchi 66 up top but Ive heard good things about the Totem (just not the 2-step). Itll be interesting to see how I like it. In anyone familiar with the Bottlerocket with a Totem? Should be pretty nasty

Just wanted to share:)

#5 ·
coiler8 said:
that fork just seems too common on the Bottlerocket...i want something new(ish)
you know? i could be talkign crazy talk here....
wellll.... 36 talas rc2 in my opinion is the best choice you can go with but if u wanna have something new.... hmmmmmm... you could put a rigid! : P go with the lyrik if you doont wanna 36. lyriks are very nice

#8 ·
I just got mine put together two days ago with a 36 up front. of coarse they are common forks on the br, its for a reason. they are amazing. if you want something different then go for
rock shox lyrik or domain 160
Marzocchi z1 or all mountain 1
or wait and get a marzocchi 55 next year

there is a guy who posts on here with a totem on it. look in the bottlerocket photo album in the transition forums

#12 ·
hokay so: just got back from the dealer....all i can say is WOW.
im literally speechless....all i can say is all of the hype about the bottlerocket is TRUE.

i didnt get to ride the medium with the totem because the stem was 1 1/8" but was still priveleged to *hold* the frame/fork :thumbsup: haha

i also got the chance to ride a small with a Vanilla R up front. i got to ride in circles in the parking lot for abotu 2 mins before it started to rain...but hey, whatcha gonna do?

that 50 min carride for a 2 min bike ride pushed me way over the egde. i will FINALLY be placing my order within the next couple days. I was leaning towards the raw color at first...but after seeing the black...i might have to go with it.

ps: was gonna take pics....but camera ran out of batteries:madman:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.