Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Transition.. Check It Out

3K views 50 replies 33 participants last post by  scabrider 
#1 ·
I just looked at the new transition website and they have the prototype that is replacing the granmal. its called the blindside
its 8 inch travel bottlerocket pretty much and only weights 8.2 pounds
pretty sick
check it out

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/index.cfm

man and i just ordered a bottlerocket

#3 ·
climbingbubba said:
I just looked at the new transition website and they have the prototype that is replacing the granmal. its called the blindside
its 8 inch travel bottlerocket pretty much and only weights 8.2 pounds
pretty sick
check it out

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/index.cfm

man and i just ordered a bottlerocket
man that looks sweet...almost VPP looking

#10 ·
Nice, looks solid, and much ligther too!

BUT! does this mean they will now start offering the Revolution wheels with a 12X135mm rear hub finally??? to directly compete with the Azonic Outlaw??? That could be very nice new option. I like 12X135.

I'm not a big fan of the bike designs with the little "stump" and seattube that is moved forward like that... makes the rear end look soooooo long. it's good to hear that they are testing two versions though, one with stump, and one without... we'll see which one hits... I think a lot of people looking at that bike, and who already have gran mal's actually still run a front der. though...
new floater addition is cool too, should help with that design combined with longer travel.
I bet this one will blow up in the months to come...

#12 ·
08nwsula said:
the new bike looks pretty nice, but I wouldn't be upset about your purchase. They are made for different things and the bottlerocket is still a sweet bike.
I was just playin around about being upset about the bottlerocket, i can't wait.
it does look amazing though, i had thought about a long term project for a downhill bike and was trying decide between a socom, uzzi, and vpp but if the price is right i will have to put this into the equation.
this will be in a year or two though so well see how it does

#24 ·
Karupshun said:
even for a proto, I am really underwhelmed by this
it's *just* a 8" BR with brake therapy. When I took my first look, it was just so 'meh'
It might not be anything breakthrough in terms of design or execution, but one of the things I like the most about Transition is that they listen to their customers in a more direct way than many other companies are able to. When you look at the bigger companies, most of them are taking input from their sponsored riders or racers, or their company representatives through the opinions of shop/industry employees. Transition takes the complaints, requests, and ideas directly from average joe mountain biker, and turns out bikes that are the direct result of said input.

Besides the Santa Cruz Nomad, I don't think I've ever seen a bike receive as much hype as the Bottlerocket has through message boards and review sites. One of the things people comment on the most about the Bottlerocket is how it makes 5.5" of travel feel "almost bottomless." Therefore, isn't it wise on Transitions part to make a Bottlerocket that IS bottomless??? Apparently the Gran Mal wasn't really doin' it for a lot of people due to sizing issues among other things. Why not use a proven and popular design to replace their current long travel offering? Sounds like smart business to me...

#25 ·
skitrev33 said:
It might not be anything breakthrough in terms of design or execution, but one of the things I like the most about Transition is that they listen to their customers in a more direct way than many other companies are able to. When you look at the bigger companies, most of them are taking input from their sponsored riders or racers, or their company representatives through the opinions of shop/industry employees. Transition takes the complaints, requests, and ideas directly from average joe mountain biker, and turns out bikes that are the direct result of said input.

Besides the Santa Cruz Nomad, I don't think I've ever seen a bike receive as much hype as the Bottlerocket has through message boards and review sites. One of the things people comment on the most about the Bottlerocket is how it makes 5.5" of travel feel "almost bottomless." Therefore, isn't it wise on Transitions part to make a Bottlerocket that IS bottomless??? Apparently the Gran Mal wasn't really doin' it for a lot of people due to sizing issues among other things. Why not use a proven and popular design to replace their current long travel offering? Sounds like smart business to me...
I would COMPLETELY agree with this man here! :thumbsup:

The way I see it, TBC is almost like the bmx company (not that they actually produce bmx products...) of the big lagging and sloth like corporate mtb industry. Most companies, especially the larger ones (and excluding hand made custom manufacturers) take so long for a product update, or slight design alteration, but TBC seems to be very quick on their toes, just like a lot of bmx manufacturers seem to be within their own genre. They see something cool or innovative, they turn around and try it, then pump it out, or at least see what they can get done in taiwan with the technology there... Where on the other hand, look at the Giant STP for example, produced by one of the largest bicycle corporations in the world, and how many of their buyers are begging for singlespeed, for several years now? More than I'd care to count! But, they STILL continue to only make it with a vertical dropout, and only recently trying to just quick fix it by making a stupid chain tensioner for it... that is completely ridiculous.
Where here it is very apparent that not only the riders/customers were asking for something different, but one of the owners himself realized that alterations and improvements could have been made, so he got on point and started making it happen. :thumbsup:

props to rider owned companies who keep us rollin' on forward!

now, if only we could get some of these manufacturers to start offering a spanish or mid bottom bracket shell....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.