Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Giant Reign for 4X

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  CountryBoy 
#1 ·
I was wondering if a reign would work for 4X? I was going to put pikes on front and put a better back shock on and some single track rims.

#8 ·
there is about a 2" difference in travel between the Reign and Trance (depending on which model Reighn you are looking at), as well as geo. differences. That said, I've seen a lot of Trances set-up for 4X, but rarely a Reign. Although, I have seen that Gee Atherton was ripping around on a reign awhile ago.

I'd think the reign might be a bit too slack and too much travel that would suck up your pump and eat your flow on most 4X/DS tracks. But would make for a sick all around bike.

Here's a quick example of a Trance built up more on the 4X side of things that one of the members here posted quite a few months ago (same guy had another of the exact same frame but one size larger built up for XC too!)

a Reign decked out in aftermarket for more slopestyle/FR duties:

and a very very smooth stock Reign, stealth mode! (one production showroom bike that I actually dig.):

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.