FR/DH hardtails

2K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  deoreo 
#1 ·
These are uber versatile hardtails, according to you guys :

Evil Imperial

Nicolai 2MXTB

Banshee Morphine

Transition Vagrant

Are there other hardtails aside from that list that can handle DH/FR duty, handle a long travel fork like a 66, 888, Boxxer, Travis, et al, and could theoretically be used for AM as well?

A friend of mine uses a Sinister DNA with a Jr. T on it, and after checking its specs on the Sinister site, I realized how lucky he is when the frame's headtube has not snapped on his face.

#8 ·
I finally got all the parts together for my Knolly Free Radical. Somehow got the wrong headset, but pics coming soon!

#10 ·
todd_freeride said:
No, 150mm and below. but I'm a guy who still considers 120mm+ a "long travel fork" But still, its impressive the komodo can do 150mm. The yakuza's can handle 200mm :D
Well it's a good thing there is an Iron Horse distributor here in the Philippines, I could get a Yakuza.

#11 ·
DWF said:
I finally got all the parts together for my Knolly Free Radical. Somehow got the wrong headset, but pics coming soon!
Sooner is better than later... :D

I cannot wait to see what the production frames look like.

#13 ·
fw190 said:
The Banshee Scirocco is good for up to 7" up front and is closer to "über versatile" than, for example, the Morphine.
I have a Scirocco and it is great.
I would not put it in the same FR/DH category as the other frames mentioned, though. Versatile? Yes, but not as beefy as those others.

#22 ·
danyiluska said:
Really, i didn't know...Why is that? I mean how can be a HA good for a 130mm
AND a 170mm fork?? Why the headtube don't snap off?
I ride mine with a 170mm 66rc2x
No snappage as far as I know :D

#26 ·
Let it slide, man. The main reason I was asking about a DH/FR capable hardtail is to learn control.

I believe that I should start with a HT to get my control right, THEN go FS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.