Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Winter Park Resort (CO)

965 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  joelalamo45 
#1 ·
Which trails at Winter Park are good for freeriding and downhill? Thinking of going there for Crankworx Colorado.

#3 ·
They are talking about totally changing winter park this year because it is now owned by the same company that owns Whistler in BC. Last year they best run and easiest to access from the lift was The Downhill. Nothing too crazy a few tables some washouts onto flats, but it is a fun little run

#4 ·
Yeh Intrawest will definitely revamp it for Crankworx. I rode there last summer and it was excellent, especially becuase I live on the east coast. Its a pretty massive place and its definitely big mountain style riding. They had a little park area with some doubles and a few ladder drops, but the landings for the double were flat..literally. It was strange. They werent even really doubles at all. I cant remember which trails exactly, but its all great stuff, very fast, some technical stuff, but mostly just build for shredding the bajesus out of it. Take that trip out there, you will not be dissapointed.

#5 ·
edray said:
Yeh Intrawest will definitely revamp it for Crankworx. I rode there last summer and it was excellent, especially becuase I live on the east coast. Its a pretty massive place and its definitely big mountain style riding. They had a little park area with some doubles and a few ladder drops, but the landings for the double were flat..literally. It was strange. They werent even really doubles at all. I cant remember which trails exactly, but its all great stuff, very fast, some technical stuff, but mostly just build for shredding the bajesus out of it. Take that trip out there, you will not be dissapointed.
if u think wp is sweet then u need to make another trip out here and try out Keystone...I wouldnt come out here just for wp(not if its in the same state as last year at least but i would for keystone) but if you come out here hit up more than just one place.

#6 ·
Here are some Winter Park pics from last summer... This year is going to be a million times better because of the money and time they are putting into it because of Crankworx. Also in the next 3-5 years, Winter Park will be putting roughly 5 million bucks into their freeride program. I believe a multitude of new DH trails, a pump track, a 4X track, and of course a giant slopestyle course....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.