Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

If yer ever in Tenn. hit Windrock. You will not be disappointed.

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  RAMS 
#1 · (Edited)
Bring your gear. i.e. full face, arm, leg & chest protection. I'm not sure it can get any more extreme terrain than Windrock. The stunts maybe bigger & more of them, but the natural terrain at Windrock is nothing short of brutal it takes NO PRISONERS. PERIOD. This weekend was my 1st encounter w/the Windrock mtn., but it won't be my last. Next time I will have a full chest protector. Sorry, no decent riding pics to do it justice, cause the trails are so steep its hard to be able to find a spot to shoot. Rock crawlers & atvs crawl all over the mtn. almost all night long. Bike trails are designated for bikes only. So you don't have to worry about dealing w/atvs, buggy's, & rock crawlers. Plenty of carnage so bring your A-game. Even then you'll get spanked...hard. $15 a day for all you can handle and more.
My VP Free CCDB & 66SL was killer on the trail. About 20 of us representin' NC west. I think next time I'll stick my old 05 66RC on the ft just to give it a lil bit more rise. I can't complain about the SL at all, but I'd love to roll that stuff with a tad bit taller fork. Oh yeah, better bring that extra derailluer & any other spare parts you got laying around you or yer bros might need'em.

A side note, czech out Capt. Toms BBQ and bring him some Ying-ling and he'll hook you up, guaranteed.

#2 ·
Windrock is one of the best places I have ridden in the US and I have been to a lot of places to ride. You can't find any better trails than that. Joey does a great job of working on the trails and keeping them up. This place is not for beginners!!!!! You have to have your A game on for every run down the hill. Here are a few pics and a link if you want to see more.

You will find a lot of older pics here:
https://www.freeridesouth.com/pics/pics.php?page_num=2&cat=&order_by=id%20desc&query=windrock

Windrock Forum Page, go down to the bottom and you will see the Downhill Threads:
https://windrockatv2.com/phpBB/index.php

#7 ·
Thanks for hookin' up th' pics FCLINDER. Joey's built some new trails that are intense to say the least. Gotta get some chest protection and head back up there.

Don't forget: bring your "A" game.

#10 ·
fricken A Cecil......looks like fun

where is Windrock compared to the state (near what major towns)

what is the accomindations (hotels) and shuttle truck always there??? can you shuttle with friends??? or do you have to ride up??

#12 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
fricken A Cecil......looks like fun

where is Windrock compared to the state (near what major towns)

what is the accomindations (hotels) and shuttle truck always there??? can you shuttle with friends??? or do you have to ride up??
Czech it out here. http://www.windrockatv2.com/ Lotta links to Lodging, food and camping. Don't forget to bring some ying-ling to Capt.Tom at Capt. Tom's BBQ he'll hook you up.

$15 for a day pass, basically a land permit, and you'll get all ofthe tech-gnar you can stand.

The pics from FCLINDER are good but they don't do the new steep stuff justice in any way.

#13 ·
man w/ one hand said:
Czech it out here. http://www.windrockatv2.com/ Lotta links to Lodging, food and camping. Don't forget to bring some ying-ling to Capt.Tom at Capt. Tom's BBQ he'll hook you up.

$15 for a day pass, basically a land permit, and you'll get all ofthe tech-gnar you can stand.

The pics from FCLINDER are good but they don't do the new steep stuff justice in any way.
how far from Clemson SC

#14 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
how far from Clemson SC
Hope this works.

Drive: 225 mi (about 4 hours 16 mins)

1. Head southeast on Old Greenville Hwy/SC-93 toward Old Greenville Hwy/SC-93 S 1.5 mi
4 mins

2. Slight right onto the US-123 N ramp to Greenville 0.1 mi

3. Merge onto US-123 22.3 mi
27 mins

4. Continue on New Easley Hwy 2.2 mi
3 mins

5. Continue on Easley Bridge Rd 0.5 mi
1 min

6. Turn left at N Washington Ave 0.5 mi
1 min

7. Slight right at White Horse Rd 5.6 mi
9 mins

8. Slight right at N US-25-BYP 2.7 mi
5 mins

9. Continue on US-25 N
Entering North Carolina 23.1 mi
29 mins

10. Continue on US-25-TRUCK N 3.9 mi
5 mins

11. Take the ramp onto I-26 W/US-74 W 22.5 mi
22 mins

12. Take exit 32B to merge onto I-40 W toward Canton/Knoxville
Entering Tennessee 121 mi
2 hours 0 mins

13. Take exit 376 for TN-162 N toward Oak Ridge 1.3 mi
2 mins

14. Merge onto Pellissippi Pkwy 0.1 mi

15. Continue on TN-162 N 5.0 mi
6 mins

16. Slight left at Oak Ridge Hwy 1.2 mi
2 mins

17. Continue on TN-62 W 10.4 mi
20 mins

18. Turn right at Windrock Rd 0.4 mi
1 min

To: Windrock Rd
Oliver Springs, TN 37840

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.