Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Unidentified Bike?

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  crank1979 
#1 ·
#6 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
looks like some poor welds at head tube......I say homemade
nvm
On the flip side, it appears to be aluminum, and most folks welding their own bikes work with steel, since thin aluminum tubing is pretty tricky to weld.

The rear shock is a Stratos Helix, a fact that could be used to determine a range of dates for the frame.

#8 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
something about it looks Frank the Welder-ish to me...
haha, not a fan of FTW's welding ability? :skep:

I'd highly doubt it, he's been layin' bead for a long long time for big name companies, not mangled messes like that.

but, then again, for a homemade, there is just a bit of extensive cnc'ed parts mixed in there, hinting at a bigger budget....
whatever it was, was red apparantly, V-only/no disc tabs, and had a LOT of shock range adjustability, hahahaha! I noticed that stratos shock too...

I don't know... I'm guessing something small scale european possibly...
you know, it may remind WCH of an FTW creation, but that large dia. alu. tubing and that tt/dt junction gusset remind me of a 24Bicycles product. :D

but just for some added fun, anybody recognize this one:

or how about this one, I shot this photo last month when I was walking down the sidewalk in Osaka Japan while rather intoxicated. This bike looked pretty weird...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.