Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Biggest injury riding yesterday was caused by my kneepads!!!

639 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  nano5467 
#1 ·
Was out again for the second time this season yesterday - gondollas all open over here in the Alps - and the riding is rough and fast!! Must work on my arm and hand strength again - my arms barely work this morning!

On the other hand, for the second time out - my Troy Lee knee T-bone pads have carved my knees to bits - they always used to be mega comfy - but the combination of the heat, a bit of sweat and rubbing, has just shredded my knees, top and back. It has done this both weeks (first time I just put it down to getting used to them again......)

Any suggestions? I was thinking I need some sort of "sock" underneath that stays put against my skin and then if the pad moves slightly it won't be wearing against me? Al lknee pads rub a bit, but the T-bones offer brilliant protection and used to be super comfy......

#4 ·
Thin layer of ace bandage, or that self sticking medical wrap works. Or Target Walmart I think, sells those cheapo elastic things that are supposed to work as a knee brace. Used to have the same problems back in the day when I rode 20's, wasn't Troy Lee though.

#6 ·
GETSTUPID said:
Thin layer of ace bandage, or that self sticking medical wrap works. Or Target Walmart I think, sells those cheapo elastic things that are supposed to work as a knee brace. Used to have the same problems back in the day when I rode 20's, wasn't Troy Lee though.
yeah any of those will work or some medical gause.....pretty much any clothe type thing that doesnt allow the pad to directly touch your skin.....i gotta agree with u tho, i can take a fall, but burns like that annoy like a b**ch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.