Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can I ride the Fontana DH now?

590 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fred.r 
#1 ·
I was thinking of new/other spots to ride other than my usual trails and was thinking of the DH at Fontana from the Southridge Series and the 4x course. Is it possible to hike the road and ride these trails as well as the 4x? Or is this area off limits to bikes other than the race weekends?

it's an hour drive, I can park in the normal parking lot where we park for the races and make a day of it. Sounds good to me!!! Anyone see anything I should worry about w/ this idea? I'm only asking because I never see anyone posting anything about Fontana other than race posts.

THANKS! and if we can ride there, we should maybe plan a freeride weekend?

#2 ·
You can push it untill your legs fall off, but why you'd drive an hour to push up Fontana on any other weekend than a race weekend is beyond me.
If it's for new discipline practice I'd recomend finding something local and working on it there, and using the practice time supplied at Fontana durring the race weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.