Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

marzocchi 888 SL ATA

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ltsltr 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy these double crown forks and was curious to see if anyone is riding these. If so are you happy with the ATA. Are they a good setup for freeride and DH?

I've never ridden a fork with the ATA and want to see what the vote is.

#2 ·
We've got a few at our shop, although i don't have any saddle time on one. The ATA works really well, without changing spring rate at all. As far as feel, it seems just as smooth and adjustable as the 888rc2x next to it. Weight with full steerer and integrated stem is 7 lbs flat on our scales... Pretty sweet DC fork I'd say.

#5 ·
Yeah it was either the fox 40rc2 or the 888. a buddy of mine has toasted the front fork leg on his 40 rc2 twice now, they seem to be made of paper mache. What was fox thinking?

Anyhow I have some old shivers that need to be laid to rest and want to go with some new Marz's

Good, looks like they they get a good vote thanks for the input guys.

#8 ·
Ojai Bicyclist said:
You won't be able to find them.

The only complaint I've heard is it's too progressive. People are taking out the PAR chamber altogether to aleviate this.
Yah I heard that to.

I don't know any 08 mz web-sites. I just saw the stuff at Sea Otter. 40mm Nickle plated 66. Holy!!! Changed bottom crown & diff. cable routing. I like!!

#9 ·
#1ORBUST said:
Yah I heard that to.

I don't know any 08 mz web-sites. I just saw the stuff at Sea Otter. 40mm Nickle plated 66. Holy!!! Changed bottom crown & diff. cable routing. I like!!
Are you talking about the 08' Marz 55sl? That is the only AM/FR fork i saw covered at Sea Otter. I haven't read any mention of a Ni coated 66. But I want to believe!

#10 ·
wormvine said:
Are you talking about the 08' Marz 55sl? That is the only AM/FR fork i saw covered at Sea Otter. I haven't read any mention of a Ni coated 66. But I want to believe!
I saw the 08 888 Air SL ATA Prototype at Marzocchi in the flesh and I was told it was a 38mm nickel stanchion by the way it is very nice and light. I have this years SL ATA and it is all its cracked up to be, next year will be more of the same Marzocchi ass kicking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.