Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Leaving deposit, need final help (frame choice)

777 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  mace2 
#1 · (Edited)
Demo 9 or Giant faith? Both are 2006 models with 1 1/8" steerers. Which will be better for overall FR with DH? It's kind of a hard pick actually:p Please don't say both or another bike cause that doesn't help. I am leaving a deposit at my local dizz so I really need help this time, no dumb comments.

P.S. Both have a lifetime warranty.

Thanks, Shredder111

#3 ·
I also forgot to add that I never pedal up only about 1% of the time. The type of FR I am talking about is more drops and gaps and stuff, things have gotten bigger around here and continue to do so, idk add that to your opinion. There are almost no north shore stunts and everything is pretty stable as in wide. I'm not worried, just doing my research. I want new.

Shredder111:cool:

#5 ·
Get the Faith, I would tell you to buy IronHorse with the dw-link but thats not what you want to hear. Giant ripped Dw-Link with the meastro suspension and it works pretty good in comparison. Will pedal really good for you, and pedaling isn't just for uphill! Coming into a drop a litle slow? The faith will accelerate where othe bikes will use up all your pedal energy. My 2 pennies!

#6 ·
Hmmm, I like what I am hearing and for now it looks like I will wait and order the faith. The demo is 530 bucks more and comes with a manitou swinger 4 way. The faith is 530 bucks less and comes with a fox dhx 4.0 so it overall seems like a better value. This way I could probably save some dough for safety gear. I would still like more input though, thanks for writing guys=)

Shredder111=)

#15 ·
liquidlogic4life said:
Get the Faith, I would tell you to buy IronHorse with the dw-link but thats not what you want to hear. Giant ripped Dw-Link with the meastro suspension and it works pretty good in comparison. Will pedal really good for you, and pedaling isn't just for uphill! Coming into a drop a litle slow? The faith will accelerate where othe bikes will use up all your pedal energy. My 2 pennies!
I dont like the design but Giant is bang for the buck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.