Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Looking for FR/DHers in Washington...

591 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
I went to Whistler last summer, and became instantly addicted. Spent the winter building an appropriate bike (an IH 7Point7), but find myself with nobody to ride with. My wife rides, but she's not into the extreme stuff. I have a buddy who rides, and wants to get into the extreme stuff as well, but his bike was stolen last year, and he hasn't been able to replace it yet (but I've got him working on it!)

I've been on these boards for a couple years now, and I see what appears to be a very cool group of riders around here (Seattle) that frequent Whistler. I'd like to get up to Whistler at least 3 times this summer, and have a trip planned with a couple buddies for the first week of August (although I'm planning on going at least once a month when the bike park opens).

But I need to get my chops up, and it seems the best way is to ride with some other more experienced riders. At the same time, I don't want to slow anybody down, or be a drag to ride with.:nono: I live in Seattle, and love riding Galby and just discovered Flow Park, and would love to learn of other places to do this style of riding, and perhaps do some shuttle runs.

Soooo...

I'm looking to hook up with some local riders that wouldn't mind me tagging along while I hone my skills. Any takers???

See less See more
#2 ·
Ebextreme and EIO are right in your neighborhood....I will be up in Seatle Friday afternoon(from Los Angeles)...if it doesn't rain then a group of us are riding the shore on Saturday if you want to tag along

#3 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Ebextreme and EIO are right in your neighborhood....I will be up in Seatle Friday afternoon(from Los Angeles)...if it doesn't rain then a group of us are riding the shore on Saturday if you want to tag along
Sweet. Thanks so much for the invite. It would truly be an honor; unfortunately the next couple weeks are pretty sewn up as I'm in pre-production for a CD project this week (I work in the music industry), and then cutting basics (tracks) next week. I hope I'll have another opportunity to ride with the infamous SMT in the future though (honestly - I'm not being a smart-ass! :thumbsup: )

Thanks again,
-Guy

#4 ·
I guess we'll let you into our little club but...........

there is an initiation that is required. SMT is going to find that out when we take him up to the Shore this next weekend. ;) No seriously, there is a huge contingent of riders in the Seattle area and we are blessed with some of the best riding in the world around here. Send me a PM with your digits and we'll get ya hooked up. Lotsa riding to be done.

#7 ·
Largextracheese said:
there is an initiation that is required. SMT is going to find that out when we take him up to the Shore this next weekend. ;) No seriously, there is a huge contingent of riders in the Seattle area and we are blessed with some of the best riding in the world around here. Send me a PM with your digits and we'll get ya hooked up. Lotsa riding to be done.
Sweet! PM sent.

And as I say, I'm happy to do some trail work with the Boyz as well! :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Magick Mountain said:
Sweet. Thanks so much for the invite. It would truly be an honor; unfortunately the next couple weeks are pretty sewn up as I'm in pre-production for a CD project this week (I work in the music industry), and then cutting basics (tracks) next week. I hope I'll have another opportunity to ride with the infamous SMT in the future though (honestly - I'm not being a smart-ass! :thumbsup: )

Thanks again,
-Guy
u should try and do one day....I have never been up there...awhile before I come back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.