Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SMT chooses Fox over Marz! Hell is Frozen!

1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  xKREDx 
#1 ·
I was shocked, but I witnessed the abomination first hand. MTBRs local resident Shiver Me Timbers has always been know for his Marzocchi "nut huggie-ness" when it came to blind product loyalty. But low and behold, when the opportunity arose for him to prove his amazing ball swinging abilities, he sorrowfully bowed down his head in shame.
With well over 25,000 posts, 99% of them being about how great Marzocchi products are, you'd think a man of his loyalty would just jump on such a deal. A brand new Marzocchi shock for his used DHX.
It was then that the impostors true colors were shown. Instead of taking advantage of this incredible deal and another step towards being the ultimate Marzocchi super-fan, he fell short. Overpowered by his fear of trying something new he was unable to attain his supposed goal, and thus it stands, the shell of a once great Marzocchi nut-hugger and me, with a brand new 9.5x3.0 Roco World Cup left with no choice but ebay.

#2 ·
I would have done the same - but if it was the TST then buh-bye Fox.

fred.r said:
I was shocked, but I witnessed the abomination first hand. MTBRs local resident Shiver Me Timbers has always been know for his Marzocchi "nut huggie-ness" when it came to blind product loyalty. But low and behold, when the opportunity arose for him to prove his amazing ball swinging abilities, he sorrowfully bowed down his head in shame.
With well over 25,000 posts, 99% of them being about how great Marzocchi products are, you'd think a man of his loyalty would just jump on such a deal. A brand new Marzocchi shock for his used DHX.
It was then that the impostors true colors were shown. Instead of taking advantage of this incredible deal and another step towards being the ultimate Marzocchi super-fan, he fell short. Overpowered by his fear of trying something new he was unable to attain his supposed goal, and thus it stands, the shell of a once great Marzocchi nut-hugger and me, with a brand new 9.5x3.0 Roco World Cup left with no choice but ebay.

#4 ·
fred.r said:
straight p0wned.

#5 ·
Fred - I had a hard time making sense of the last bit of that. You wanted a DHX5 9.5" to trade for your Roco? I got one if you're interested that's a backup shock I'd gladly swap out for the Roco. I should be getting down there soon too once I get my new build together (it's a 6"/6" and I'll let you guess what it is).

#6 ·
DHidiot said:
Fred - I had a hard time making sense of the last bit of that. You wanted a DHX5 9.5" to trade for your Roco? I got one if you're interested that's a backup shock I'd gladly swap out for the Roco. I should be getting down there soon too once I get my new build together (it's a 6"/6" and I'll let you guess what it is).
Haha, damn, the shocks up on ebay already, but I should be getting enough to buy a new DHX w/ only a small up-pay. If if doesn't sell on ebay I'll hit you up. And when you get down here let me know.
Dunno on the new rig, 6.6, haha?

#7 ·
006_007 said:
I would have done the same - but if it was the TST then buh-bye Fox.
exactly.......I want to keep the DHX for pro pedal and racing....I can get the same shock fred has for cheap, so in my best interest is was a smart move to keep the shock I have

Now TST and my shock would have been gone already....Fred would you have traded a TST for my shock

2ed I asked you was it 06 or 07 (07's are lighter and you didn't know)

as always,
In Marzocchi We Trust

#10 ·
fred.r said:
Haha, damn, the shocks up on ebay already, but I should be getting enough to buy a new DHX w/ only a small up-pay. If if doesn't sell on ebay I'll hit you up. And when you get down here let me know.
Dunno on the new rig, 6.6, haha?
No Intense crack-a-dilly for me. What did the EBay listing cost you? I'll just comp that.

#12 ·
jamesdc said:
I would have traded my just rebuilt dhx for the roco, why would you refuse that bob.
He wanted both.

I know when I had both the 5.0 and Roco. My 5.0 sat on the shelf for a very long long time, then I ended up just giving it to a friend when he blew his 5.0.

#14 ·
I run an 07 888 RC2x VA awesome fork easy to dial in
and the Rocco WC rear shock its butter sweet just like the forks I don't need no stinking pedal platform my Stab pedals fine without it, but then Im not a WC racer, though most seem to want to remove the pro pedal features anyways so Im stumped why SMT isn't running a Rocco either!

Rocco rocks my buds swapped out his DHXc5 from his IH 7point with its 1.5 66RC2 its much sweeter, now we gonna get Dave to swap the DHXc4 to a Rocco WC to match his marz up front:thumbsup:

#19 ·
DHidiot said:
No Intense crack-a-dilly for me. What did the EBay listing cost you? I'll just comp that.
I think I'm just gonna sell it and buy a used DHX for a bit cheaper, and use the extra cash to build my wheels.
In other words, I'm running out of cash for this build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.