Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

which shock???

505 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  trailadvent 
#1 ·
i am having trouble deciding which rae shoch to get a
zocchi rocco rc or a dhx5.0

#2 ·
depends what your looking for

dhx has a platform that is less small bump sensitive but experiences less pedal feedback

roco is pure dampening and is more smooth and plush but has no platform which means its gunna bob if you mash real hard on the pedals

personally im a zocci fan so id go with that plus i like the fact that it is rebuildable from home and supposedly performs aswell as the 888 (which i have on my ride)

#4 ·
finchy said:
depends what your looking for

dhx has a platform that is less small bump sensitive but experiences less pedal feedback

roco is pure dampening and is more smooth and plush but has no platform which means its gunna bob if you mash real hard on the pedals

personally im a zocci fan so id go with that plus i like the fact that it is rebuildable from home and supposedly performs aswell as the 888 (which i have on my ride)
Pedal feedback is NOT the same thing as bob.

Every shock will encounter some bob at some point.

When Propedal is all the way backed off you can hardly feel it, so the difference between it and the Roco is almost nothing and the DHX is more versatile.

Parts for the Roco haven't been made available, so the "home service" aspect is pretty much BS.

#6 ·
If you decide to go for the Roco I have a world cup 9.5 eye to eye for sale, it's brand new and still in the box. PM me if you want it.
Sorry for the spam, I need to sell this thing asap.

#11 ·
Rocco, I'm no longer a fan of the DHX, I liek the Rocco allot, we just took a DHXc off my buds IH 7Point and put a Rocco on there and what a difference it was huge the bike rdies really nice and corners better ramps up better on big hits and i so smooth, the DW dosen't need any pedal platform, my Stab rocks with the Rocco I love it!

I have a CCDB on my RFX and its the best shock Ive ever ridden period, not sure how an equivelent would feel on the Stab but Im not gonna find out either the Rocco is more than enough on that bike!

:thumbsup:

Marz front and rear is my preference, may look at a Rocco air for the Spot!

Darn air is GHEY what am I thinking:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.