Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New keystone trails

1K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Buffdaddy 
#1 ·
Was looking at the web site and found this about the new stuff. Sounds like a good time.

The Keystone Bike Park is adding a new trail called Money – the name says it all. Money will premiere this season and is a Double Black trail with 22 table top jumps and massive berm turns. Access Money off of Paid-N-Full.

Five new trails that are slated to be constructed this summer – all of these are expert trails and most of them should feature “sally alleys,” otherwise known as an alternative trail that allows riders to avoid the larger feature and instead to hit smaller, less technically difficult features on certain sections of the trail

East Forest - Trail #1
This one will twist, turn and drop you. The East Forest trail gives riders two massive drops on the starting hill that will lead to many North Shore sections including a full 18-foot corkscrew and a huge wooden drop at the end. Don’t worry – there’ll be alternative easier ways around these features and down this trail.
Trail #2
This rolling trail will wind in and out of the forest and offers manmade and natural features (bridges, berms, rocks, etc) with the option to try more difficult, expert (black diamond) features
Trail #3
Located lower on the mountain, this trail will be an option to Keystone’s rocky, wild descent called Wild Thing (one of the resort’s first expert trails). It’ll be a steep shot with wooden berms and ramps and tight, technical turns.
Power Line Trails - Trail #4 & #5
These are both straight, downhill shots that give riders a fast fall-line descent.- through a chute in the trees.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep, I was reading that just yesterday. I'm totally stoked about all the new trails and construction. The variety of the trails will make it even more fun.

Opening day is June 15. My wife bought me a season pass for a wedding present so she knows she won't be seeing me ALL summer!! Guess she was sick of me even before the wedding.

Maybe lame-ass "Intenserider" will make it up from Texass with his buddies.

Check out the link: http://keystone.snow.com/info/biking.asp

http://keystone.snow.com/mediagallery.asp?category=Bike&media=0

#6 ·
rep_1969 said:
Yep, I was reading that just yesterday. I'm totally stoked about all the new trails and construction. The variety of the trails will make it even more fun.

Opening day is June 15. My wife bought me a season pass for a wedding present so she knows she won't be seeing me ALL summer!! Guess she was sick of me even before the wedding.

Maybe lame-ass "Intenserider" will make it up from Texass with his buddies.

Check out the link: http://keystone.snow.com/info/biking.asp

http://keystone.snow.com/mediagallery.asp?category=Bike&media=0
Which 'Intenserider'? I live about an hour away from Keystone. Not Texas.

#10 ·
thank you for making my day the happiest of my life (soon to be bumped down to second on june 15 :D ). Hooooooooooolllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaappppppp!!! I cant freaking wait, me and my buddy choofoojoo have been talking on the phone about keystone ever since november. I honestly feel like a crack addict waiting for the date when a big old semi full of the stuff is coming to my house. According to my calulations, We have exactly 4,966,380 seconds until keystone opens. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have a problem.

The new trails sound, well, I don't even have the words to say...

#11 ·
Any word on how soon we'll be able to ride the new ones? I hope we don't have to wait till like the end of the season to ride all this new goodness. Those straight-shot trails sound absolutely insanely fun/deadly. I would often ponder what it would be like to just pin it down one of the straight-shot ski runs, so I guess I'll get to find out...

The speeds are going to be rediculous. And if they wanted to put some big old motocross doubles (50 foot gaps?) on there, they could do it relatively safely, but who knows? Probably won't get any of those, but it would definately be do-able and sweet.

#12 ·
mothahucker said:
thank you for making my day the happiest of my life (soon to be bumped down to second on june 15 :D ). Hooooooooooolllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaappppppp!!! I cant freaking wait, me and my buddy choofoojoo have been talking on the phone about keystone ever since november. I honestly feel like a crack addict waiting for the date when a big old semi full of the stuff is coming to my house. According to my calulations, We have exactly 4,966,380 seconds until keystone opens. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have a problem.

The new trails sound, well, I don't even have the words to say...
oh my....:eekster:

#14 ·
I'm happy to see keystone stepping up to the plate again this year. The four new trails they built last year [which, IMO, is one trail, since they all connect up, and are only separated by the fire road] are a good start. I would like to see them use more of the natural terrain, which they have an abundance of, incorporated into the trails, rather than relying on wooden structures, or building dozens of double jumps, That's just my opinion, so you double jump lovers, don't get your panties all bundled up over it.

#15 ·
Renegade said:
I'm happy to see keystone stepping up to the plate again this year. The four new trails they built last year [which, IMO, is one trail, since they all connect up, and are only separated by the fire road] are a good start. I would like to see them use more of the natural terrain, which they have an abundance of, incorporated into the trails, rather than relying on wooden structures, or building dozens of double jumps, That's just my opinion, so you double jump lovers, don't get your panties all bundled up over it.
I agree.. btw those 4 trails are considered ONE of the SEVEN they were given permission to build :D

#16 ·
davec113 said:
I agree.. btw those 4 trails are considered ONE of the SEVEN they were given permission to build :D
That's cool.:thumbsup:
I ragged about that a little bit last year [calling it four different names] but what makes sense about it is: it makes it faster to locate a downed rider in trouble, To tell a rescue team, 'yea, the rider is down on the step-down on lower Jam rock' is a lot more descriptive than trying to describe that feature on one long trail.

#19 ·
rep_1969 said:
Last year the crew and a bunch of riders went up with shovels and cleared a bunch of show off Cowboy Up in order to get the trails open earlier. I imagine they will do the same thing again this year. At least I hope they do.
Yeah - Mojo Wheels was up there digging things out last year. I'm not positive that we're going up this year - but I believe so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.