Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

chunkest trail you have ridden??

5K views 73 replies 48 participants last post by  dh_rider. 
#1 ·
i was just looking at some pics of a chunky trail and wanted to see what is the chunkest trail people have ever ridden. (not jumps, skinnies, etc, just pure rock-ridden, non-stop chunkage)

the top 3 i have experienced are:

1. goat camp (phoenix)
2. orginal sin (whistler)
3. tunnel (santa barbara)

G
#9 ·
Anything in Phoenix, the place is like mars, everything is rock. South Mountain has some stuff that will leave you wondering what you were thinking to get yourself into this. I don't have any pics of my own handy, but I found these in the Turner forum which should give you some idea.

Holbert Trail: This is our regular downhill run, why anyone in their right mind would want or try to ride up it is beyond me, but it is fun to fly down. Point and shoot, Point and shoot...

#11 ·
DHidiot said:
Tower and Saddlerock - both own all mentioned.
those are probably real steep right? i'm not ranking by steep, been on plenty of super steep stuff in laguna and north shore. just looking for the longest rockiest possible trail people have ridden.

but yea, could you pm about those, i know they are kinda secret, i'd love to ride them though. thanks

#13 ·
dft said:
those are probably real steep right? i'm not ranking by steep, been on plenty of super steep stuff in laguna and north shore. just looking for the longest rockiest possible trail people have ridden.

but yea, could you pm about those, i know they are kinda secret, i'd love to ride them though. thanks
Sure, just clear your inbox :thumbsup:

#14 ·
I'll Play! Grand Junction has rocks (spring break a couple weeks go...):

1-3 Nickle negotiating the lemon squeezer

4 A local showing us how its done

5-7 The Horsethief Drop In in Fruita. Singletrack and Nickle riding...

8 A 6+ ft drop near Ribbon Trail, GJ. MojoMaestro dropping...

9 Dog and Bike...

#18 ·
Red Bull said:
ill vouch for that!

i remember riding it in the absolute pouring rain after Domination Race #3. It was raining so hard that you couldnt wear goggles and it didn't even have a chance to get muddy. Man was that fun!
I think I rolled down that entire trail on my face....:thumbsup: definatly gnarr-core

#25 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Tunnel is very high on the list.

shorter trail but really chunky is stagecoach

sections of a secret trail that can't be named but DFT you are welcome to join me
i can second that. but also alot of the trails at northstar such as karpiel. also Cold Springs in SB. Bootleg caynon. Rock garden in SLO is some what rocky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.