Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nicolai Hardtails

10K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  zritrickst 
#1 ·
Anyone out there using a Nicolai hardtail, like this?

According to the Nicolai website, you can put a dual crown in there, like what you can do with an Evil Imperial or a Banshee Morphine.

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a BMXTB that I'm about to build up. I haven't seen anyone on a 2MXTB, but yes, you can but a DC on it. It comes with a 1.5 HT so you can run a long tavel SC fork as well. Also you have standard dropout, 12mm thru-axle, and single speed dropout options. Custom geo is availble if you have a special need as are ISCG mounts. And, you can have it in just about any color under the rainbow.

It's a darn rad freeride hardtail.

Here's my BMXTB waiting to be built up.

#4 ·
suicidebomber said:
What are your plans for the BMXTB?

That's a 4-cross frame, right?
I'm going to use it for dirt jumping. Build it up strong but not quite freeride heavy. It could also be used for 4X, although Nicolai makes a race version of the BMXTB that's a little lighter. This frame is a small and weighs 6.3 lbs.

#8 ·
The 6.3 was for my BMXTB as measured on our rather accurate shop scale.

Nicolai lists the 2MXTB at 7.04 lbs but I've not had a chance to weigh one myself. I have found Nicolai's weight estimates to be fairly accurate though, usually off by a 1/4 pound or less.

#12 ·
My 2 cents, if the HT frames are anything like the geo of a Nicolai FS, they will be the ducks nuts, dogs bollocks, cats pajamas..... If I was to build up a play DJ bike SS it would be the frame err mentions for sure, the lighter competition one does not ahve the warranty of the non comp frame. But breaking a Nicolai frmae would be radical thing I think...

Oh, Moderators, another case for a Nicolai thread area........... 2nd that, 3rd that, 4th that, 5th that etc etc etc etc etc

#15 ·
CAO said:
5 year ground to air transferable warranty says a lot about the confidence that they have in their products. Well worth the few extra $$ to know the bike is going to be there when you land or case.
Yup, Nicolai pretty much dares you to try and break one of their frames. They back it up with a 5 year warranty and 10 year parts availability.

#22 · (Edited)
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Nicolia are famously overpriced
Now where are you getting this information captain? Mine was def not over-priced and I don't think any of the other ones are any more expensive than their counter parts made in USA.

Seriously, if you want a qoute, give Err a PM and see :thumbsup:

Ohhh and I did not spend a whole months salary for my frame!

Kick-arse bikes baby :)

#23 ·
Whafe said:
Err, any tips on how I should fix my ultra cool Blacksheep headbadge to the steed, have not really got it permanent yet, which is a pain....:thumbsup:
I haven't stuck one on myself. I'd think some thin, double-sided tape would do the trick but I'll ask Ethan if he's found any particular method that works great. He's, uh, very, very particular about little details like that, so I suspect he may have come up with something.

#24 ·
Err said:
I haven't stuck one on myself. I'd think some thin, double-sided tape would do the trick but I'll ask Ethan if he's found any particular method that works great. He's, uh, very, very particular about little details like that, so I suspect he may have come up with something.
I tried with some double sided tape, not real heavy duty stuff, but was not at all comfy, good for the poser shots in the house, but not for on the rough where this puppy needs to be.................Be keen to hear Ethans thoughts....:thumbsup:

Have signed up to go on a 9 day DH trip in Peru in October. Will ride the megalaunch (?) DH course amongst many many others. Sing out if you could possibly attend. There is myself booked at present & 3 Canadian guys. I can send you info if you would like. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#26 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Nicolia are famously overpriced
I thought, shall I, sjall I not reply.... then thought arrggghh F it, I will

SMT, I expected more from you bro.;)

What do you mean by Famously? that is a hard thing to define, I guess it would vary hugely the definition accross the USA, is it the same def from some one in Hollywood as Fruita?

Have you actually priced one up, without being a tire kicker?:nono: :nono:

I have owned an Intense, whilst it was not like yours, but was an Uzzi. I am in a good possy to defend the price thing... Not worth it though.....

SMT, post some more pics as you did last week, more entertaining...seriously are

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.