Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My new light

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  murphy's_law 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just joined up about a week ago and have been checking out the forums. I built what I think is a pretty good light for riding at night. I ended up using my front reflector mounting with another rear deflector bracket to mount a 9 led mini flashlight that I got from Harbor Freight. It has a pretty good output for only spending 3.99 on the light. We dont do much night riding but on that rare occasion that we might be caught out during the night I wanted to have something to see with. Anyway I have attached some pictures of it and a picture of the bike that it is on. I also got one for my wife and attached it to her bike in the same fashion. Anyway if anybody wants to give this a shot I have added a link to the harbor freight page. Thanks.

Kory

Bike

Flashlight

Light package

On the bike

Output (about 12 feet from the light to the garage door)

Harborfreight.com page
https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93712

See less See more
#3 ·
Its bright enough, my camera is not the greatest for taking shots in the dark with little lighting.
Besides its not for riding for hours at night, its for getting us back when nightfall comes quicker than we can get out. It probably wont get used that much at all. I wasnt willing to spend too much since we are not serious night time riders. Just something to get us home without running into stuff. Thanks for the comment.

Kory

#4 ·
good job rigging up the mount. i rigged up a bracket that mounts in between the front and main piece of the kneck under the handle bars so the light is centered under the bars. but after all that work i found that having the light on my helmet is the only way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.