Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Giro Remedy strength

2K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Mongiafer 
#1 ·
I got to test out the strength of my Remedy yesterday. we where out shuttling. I hit a jump we always hit but about 5-10 feet after I lost it. I just remember my hand slip off my bar's and face planting into the ground. I ended up dislocating my shoulder, busted lip, a cut over my eye, and got scratched up pretty good. I'm just lucky the helmet held up the way it did here are some pic's. they where taken with my phone. for a hundred bucks the helmet rock's.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
yeah my remedy saved my ass atleast 4 times last year from planting on my chin its definitly an understated helmet in comparison to some of the flashier TLD's... i actually tried on a few TLD's and then tried on the remedy and took the remedy over the tld becasue of the fit and price

get well soon bro!

#13 ·
mtArider55 said:

just be glad that that didn't happen.. :eek:

i still want a remedy.. i have a mad max 2 now and it has saved my face from bad crashes twice..

it just scratched though.. no cracks.. it should be good for another season.. i hope. bahaha
you should cut the chin bar off and have one of those rediculous tld helmets that dont haev teh chin bar...

#14 ·
Crash good name, I had a big one myself last week my backs been like hell all week getting better now but a crash at 30km landing on my back flat is not recommended my head whiplashed back into the ground and thankfully I had my Remedy on, my Zen would have been in tiny pieces, anyways Ive extensively checked my helmet and no fractures cracks or even a scatch wow dam I'm impressed and lucky oh me 2.

Normally on an impact like that my head would have rung for days as well, but apart from some mild dizzyness I'm all good no headaches etc.

So my thumbs up for the Remedy on a big crash its what I want on my head hopefully I can avoid that type of crash again. don't mind crashing its part of pushing it.

#16 ·
i use my Remedy on my snomobile to, my stepdad was using it one day and managed to run it over, all it broke off the visor and put some track marks on the helmet but it didn't get any cracks or anything :) lol

thier good helmets, the only type of helmet i can find to fit people with fat heads like me :p

#17 ·
sorry to hear that, but I agree with you this remedy helmets are very good indeed.:thumbsup:
I have one and until know only the usual scratches due to the black matte and a little hole where you can see the fiber glass wich I did with a rock...

mtArider55 said:
Holy Mother Theresa!! how could that happen :confused: :confused:

#23 ·
I really don't like that buckle mark on your chin bar. & that folded one is crazy.

Those helmet's are really fishy to me, esp that chin bar in a high speed crash.

Carlin Dunne, Broke his chin bar trying to pass Faben and it broke his face. A local around here did the same thing snapped the chin bar. Another guy the hole helmet folded and he layed KO for 5-10mins.

I look at your pics and see a buckle mark and the same spot.

I just don't know about those.

BTW heal up.

#24 ·
mtbgiovanny said:
sorry to hear that, but I agree with you this remedy helmets are very good indeed.:thumbsup:
I have one and until know only the usual scratches due to the black matte and a little hole where you can see the fiber glass wich I did with a rock...

Holy Mother Theresa!! how could that happen :confused: :confused:
wait... that makes no sense... you oviosuly pushed the helmet in to make it look really really bad. did the persons head squish to like 4 inches?

#26 ·
#1ORBUST said:
I really don't like that buckle mark on your chin bar. & that folded one is crazy.

Those helmet's are really fishy to me, esp that chin bar in a high speed crash.

Carlin Dunne, Broke his chin bar trying to pass Faben and it broke his face. A local around here did the same thing snapped the chin bar. Another guy the hole helmet folded and he layed KO for 5-10mins.

I look at your pics and see a buckle mark and the same spot.

I just don't know about those.

BTW heal up.
I was going around 30 when I face planted. I never lost consciousness, my helmet was twisted a little to one side, but that was with the way I went down. for a hundred buck's, it was worth every penny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.