Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

looking at these 3 lights.....

992 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  G-VegasMTBiker 
#1 ·
I have a store credit and these are the 3 lights in my price range. I will probably use them once maybe twice a week during the spring and summer.
Night Ridger Evolution 6V
Blackburn System X6
Cygolite Duel Cross Li ion

Any one use one or more of these lights? I know these are not top of the line lights, but it is all I have to spend.

any info. would be appreciated.

#4 ·
I reckon the Cygolite Dual Cross Li ion would be the go. It's got the longest run time and lithium ion battery.

Cygolite & the Blackburn would put out a similar light, I think both have Luxeon III emmitters. The Night Rider is a 10w halogen. Both Cygolite & Blackburn claim to put out equivalent to 20w halogen. So you'd think that the CYgolite & Blackburn would be a a little brighter.

Going by claimed performance and runtime, the cygolite is the pick. But things aren't always what they seem.

#5 ·
I just bought a Cygolite Dualcross Li-Ion and a Dinotte 5W. Initial impressions from my backyard test are that the Dualcross is a bit brighter than the Dinotte, but has a definite brighter spot in the centre, where the Dinotte seems to have a more consistent spread. Range and spread of both seem good, but the Dualcross has a bright spot is all. Hopefully i'll be giving them a real test in the next few days (nights).:thumbsup:

Mounting system on the Dualcross is the only thing that concerns me about it. It looks like it could rotate on oversize bars, but hopefully not.

#7 ·
I've got a Cygo Lite Dual Cross 200. Not the same model, but it rocks. It puts out more than enough light to ride singletrack at speed. I bought a Hi-Flux 200 to use as a helmet light too, it nice to have light exactly where your looking. The run time one both have been awesome, I have yet to even get the low battery warning light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.