Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

moving to Peru'

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rideit 
#1 ·
I'm moving to Peru' towards our summer. Wondering if it is worth the trouble to bring my bike or get one there. Anyone ever ride there?

#3 ·
nakedgirl said:
I'm moving to Peru' towards our summer. Wondering if it is worth the trouble to bring my bike or get one there. Anyone ever ride there?
Definitely worth it! Heaps and heaps of incredible singletrack- I've spent a fair amount of time climbing and riding in and around Huaraz and Cusco and can vouch for limitless, high-quality singletrack, remarkabel scenery, and really friendly people. Would definitely recommend your own bike- high-quality bikes are tough to find and pretty expensive to rent. If you're going to be there for awhile, it'll be worth checking your bike on the plane. Highly recommend joining the South American Explorer's Club- they're in Lima, have excellent maps and info, and are a great place to meet up with other riders.

Feel free to send me an email with any additional questions.

Regards,

Jeff

#4 ·
Hey Naked, Search my user-name, 'rideit', and Peru, you will find LOT'S of info. Bring your own bike, period.
There is TONS to ride. Where are you going to be based out of?

If you will be based in Lima, the local scene NEEDS some organization in order to save Pachacamac from closure...how is your spanish?
Would you be interested in getting involved?

PM for more info, I am pretty well plugged in to the Peru riding scene...good luck, Peru ROCKS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.