Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Edge 305 Stopped Working

697 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike679 
#1 ·
Just got back from a ride, loaded the route on to Training Center, no problem. Went to the Motion Based Agent to transfer the data there and got an error message. Tried again - same thing. Disconnected the unit from the USB cable and tried to turn it on - nothing. Hooked up the charger - nothing. The thing is dead as far as I can tell.

Not sure why, though. I've done maybe 15 rides with it, it had a full charge when I started the ride. Never crashed with it or even dropped it for that matter. I know Garmin has a $99 replacement policy, which is fine if I crashed, but I'm not thrilled with the notion of paying when the thing, which is three months old, just dies. Could the battery just have crapped out all of a sudden?

Anyone have a similar problem?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Mike

#2 ·
Look at the Motiobased fourm---sounds like your unit locked up--you push and hold a few buttons and it will reset its self--mine did it. I went though the panic--then researched it and tried the button pushing thing and it works fine--I think you push n hold the reset & mode for a few seconds--but look it up!!

#3 ·
Hard Reset

This is a pretty common issue, especially on units with older firmware.

Seems more common if you leave it plugged into a PC USB for extended periods.

Try plugging it into the AC Power Adaptor and doing the following:

"To power the unit back on, press the "Mode" and "Reset" buttons at the same time. Let go of those two buttons, press the power button, and the unit will turn back on."

If it comes back up, check your firmware/GPS Chipset versions against what is available via the webupdater/garmin site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.