dinotte 300l
any deals on the 500l ?
dinotte 500l vs everything else
500l pictures
500l
new dinotte 15 watt LED
dinotte lighting 3 LED'S

brum said:
You should make a "frank418's questions on Dinotte xxxL lights"-thread.
Just buy one, and a 500L, I'm sure they'll please you.

:D
You DO know that it is possible to reply in a thread? :skep:
Have you ordered the 300l yet? Daylight savings is coming to an end(well, over here it is)! So nightrides will soon be real mid-night rides.
No offence though... :thumbsup:

#6 ·
New 500L

I've had one for a month, riding 25 miles roundtrip on an Atlanta-area commute. Replaced a 10W halogen.

Impressive light, but a wider beam than you need for road riding. Works well on flash as a daytime light, and does throw a lot of light in general. I think I'd pick the 300L for road riding, and the 500L for trail. Very small battery pack.

I might have waited a month for the 300L if I realized it was coming. Although, I am thinking about getting a 300L along with the current 500L (my wife jokes I'm a light addict).

#9 ·
Was able to take a test run last night using the 500L on my bar and the 3W spot on my helmet and it worked great. The 500L has a great throw and I really liked how wide the light was on the trail. I went riding with friends and blew all of their lights away. I would highly recommend it.

#10 ·
James@GearReview said:
:thumbsup:

Better be careful... they are addictive. Just trust me on this one :D.
I think it's a "power" and "toy" thing combined. The ability to defy nature's constraints at will, with relatively small object, that yours might be better than that of others.

You start buying what you thought was adequate, but then see something better.

I wonder how many light junkies also collect related items, like binoculars, as I do.

I have about 10 pairs, a lot of those mini Nikon knockoffs from occupied Japan, a B&L US Navy WW2 antique, a pair of BIG Steiner Senator 20x80's and a pair of minty Zeiss Jena 7x40 NVA "checkpoint charlie" military binocs. (the zeiss is superb, and considered the finest military binocular ever produced by the finest optic maker in the world- I just know it renders color gorgeously)

Binocs let you "reach out and touch someone" in a way similar to a light lets you see in the dark. I quit buying more only when I finally pony'd up the cash for about the best available.

That will be hard with lights the way they keep improving, no?

#11 ·
For me its a matter of function and its my first light system purchase. Couldn't afford to be a collector. For the fact I live in the desert (Phoenix, AZ) it gives me the opportunity to get more riding time in. It will soon be too hot riding in the day, So we need to ride way early in the morning to beat the heat or at night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.