Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Since when did roadies turn so cool?

1K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  rallyfox 
#1 ·
Not to start a war here or anything... but...

#6 ·
A friend of mine was in that video. He's a "roadie" and can whip your fat butt on a hardtain down any DH run, SMT :prft: . At the time he was racing for subway. He made it to the second or third to last heat on an unmodified road bike with a TT helmet and no pads... like most of the MTBers were wearing. He was sponsored by yeti for a few years before he went pro on the road... so i guess it depends on what "roadie" in particular you're talking about...:nono:

#8 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Since when did newbie dh guys think they were cool enough to comment on other aspects of cycling that they're not fit enough to participate in? That would be Brian Lopes, not Lopez, btw.
i didnt mean it that way... that would be one of the road riding i'd be interested in... brings back memories of my touge days...

#12 ·
Tuna is frackin sick

That road drops right down from the top of Fernwood onto PCH... go check it out some time. It's the scariest road decent in the Santa Monicas, and one of the gnarliest I have ever done. The road is narrow and most of the outside corners are off-camber over a 200ft ravine. Super fun.

JMH

#26 ·
I would not judge anyone simply because of what they ride... that would be very un-cool.

Everyone who rides deserves a few cool points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.