Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The Mailman Definetly came TODAY!

2K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  shredder111 
#1 ·
I accidently posted this in the passion section like a damn fool.

Well, it may not have been a white xmas, but it sure is a White March 1rst!
Thank You Go-Ride!

Tomorrow I'm taking her in to get my Saint rear mech installed with the saint shifter. Next purchase....Saint cranks. My bike feels alot lighter with these mods, I replaced EX 325 rims with Marzocchi Bomber tires.

What u think?

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys. It has been my dream wheelset for a while now. Imagining it in my head as I'm falling asleep each night. hahaha. I finally just called go-ride, and started kinda talking about it (I was calling to order just new tires or something) then time seemed to slow down and the next thing I know I'm reading off my credit card number for the whole deal. After I hung up, I was like.....wait....did I just do that? Go-Ride builds a SOLID wheel!

#11 ·
Phi.Design said:
Thanks guys. It has been my dream wheelset for a while now. Imagining it in my head as I'm falling asleep each night. hahaha. I finally just called go-ride, and started kinda talking about it (I was calling to order just new tires or something) then time seemed to slow down and the next thing I know I'm reading off my credit card number for the whole deal. After I hung up, I was like.....wait....did I just do that? Go-Ride builds a SOLID wheel!
HAHA!!! Man that sounds like me.

Looks really nice!!

#16 ·
I like those flat bars. I think I may give them a try.

Those RaceFace cranks are pigs, Saints should knock off some weight.

I'm not a big fan of those Marzocchi tires, the grip seems rather unpredictable, and the knobs just tear off. They look great, but performance is not what I expected.

As for the shifting... I prefer SRAM to Shimano, but if you trash a lot of derailleurs, Saint is the way to go.

#19 ·
zachdank said:
That bike is sick as hell. I've ridden that same fork a few times, and it was one of the $hittiest performing DH forks i've been on. Ditch it with the quickness. The rest of the bike is the sickness.
Yes, It doesnt have the best dampening, but I have had it tuned by a marzocchi tech, and it made a great improvement (oil levels etc.). I'm not much of a downhiller (yet), and the only other comparable fork I have ridden is a Dorrado, but that is way to delicate for me. The bike came stock with a 66VF and I bent the steer tube on a big drop, so I replaced it with this. I'm thinking of returning to a single (66 rc2x), but would rather put the money into a lighter frame such as a VP free or some such. (V10, but that prob. isn't lighter?). I do love how plush this fork is on the single big hits though, it has definitely saved my ass many times!

What do you guy recommend?

Thanks for the comments.

#20 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
I like those flat bars. I think I may give them a try.

Those RaceFace cranks are pigs, Saints should knock off some weight.

I'm not a big fan of those Marzocchi tires, the grip seems rather unpredictable, and the knobs just tear off. They look great, but performance is not what I expected.

As for the shifting... I prefer SRAM to Shimano, but if you trash a lot of derailleurs, Saint is the way to go.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new cranks...I may even go to a single front ring, as I really never shift into the granny. The current big one is a 32 I think, so I guess a 34 would be a safe bet as a single.

And yes, the bomber tires were not fun. They have a very square profile, so when one edge, in a corner, its a slippery game. Also super heavy.

As far as the rear mech goes, I do indeed trash the rear derailleurs. I have crashed many times, and the rest of the bike is so nuke proof. After a flipping spill I check everything and usually only the sram is out of commission.

Also, Saint brakes are in the crystal ball as well.

#23 ·
Here is a fellow MTBR's Ride with red spokes! :)

Here is another Sweet Bike!!! Red Industry Nine Hubs, Red Alum Spokes and White Syncros rims! Looks pretty sweet as well!! Nice bikes guys!! Hope you all have a nice summer season!!!

You have to look close to see the res spokes. :) :thumbsup: Nice job to who ever has this ride!

IntenseRdr
07 SOCOM :band: :cornut:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.