Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help me choose my next fork!

• 2006 manitou travis triple instinct ti

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 2007 rock shox totem coil

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • 2006 marzocchi 888rc2x with some dings(my favorite so far...also one of the cheapest

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Older manitou dorado(lots of sctatches and missing one of the adjustment knobs)

Votes: 1 2.6%

Help me choose my next fork!

701 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  iron1 
#1 ·
Please vote in the poll. I am trying to choose but its pretty hard.

Thanks

#3 ·
I am small at about 5'2 and 100lbs. I do some freeride and I compete in downhill. Right now I have a 888vf that has no adjustments so I want something that I can adjust for different styles of riding. It will be going on a demo 9.

#6 ·
iron1 said:
I am small at about 5'2 and 100lbs. I do some freeride and I compete in downhill. Right now I have a 888vf that has no adjustments so I want something that I can adjust for different styles of riding. It will be going on a demo 9.
if you like the geometry of the 88vf then the bike will be so much better with RC2X

#8 ·
just a thing to add, like smt said. if you like the 888VF then good luck finding another fork that tall. the 2005 marzocchi series were super tall. it is a rake machine. if you want something with the same ride height, then look into a 2005 RC because a travis and RC2x will be much lower forks.

#11 ·
The 888 can do both what you like do best, but you're only 5'2?

Other than that, I say the Totem or a Marzo 66 if the 888 is too tall.

Have you tried any of the Fox forks yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.