Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

i had a rod in my face

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  sriracha 
#1 ·
i forgot to take the out of my fork before i popped the c clip to take it apart and it exploded and shot me in the face with the rod, now i have like 15 stitches and a former hole in my face

That looks good compared to before

See less See more
#7 ·
Wow - lucky it was just a hole - not an eye, or some teeth!

I took one to the chest when the threads failed on a Judy top cap - thing ejected into my sternum as I was sprinting down Flatbush avenue in Brooklyn in 97 - Serious Bruise and Hematoma ensued! I didnt know what happened ar first, I thought someone had beaned me with a D battery - WHAM!

Heal up!

#9 ·
Huck Banzai said:

I took one to the chest when the threads failed on a Judy top cap - thing ejected into my sternum as I was sprinting down Flatbush avenue in Brooklyn in 97 - Serious Bruise and Hematoma ensued! I didnt know what happened ar first, I thought someone had beaned me with a D battery - WHAM!

Heal up!
Only in Brooklyn would you have to worry about someone winging a D battery at you - that was awesome.

#13 ·
Huck Banzai said:

Heal up!
Wow, did you sue rockshox.? I think I might have...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.