Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Risse Bighit Link

688 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MattyBoyR6 
#1 ·
Anyone have time on this part? I am thinking of picking one up for my '03 Comp, but would like to read from those that have used it before. Of course after $200 I would need a new shock. I need a new shock anyway though. So is it worth the $$. I do some shuttle runs, & chairlifts. Still pedal up on some of the runs around here and don't really hit anything over 5' yet.

scroll to bottom
http://www.risseracing.com/product_frames.shtml

#2 ·
MattyBoyR6 said:
Anyone have time on this part? I am thinking of picking one up for my '03 Comp, but would like to read from those that have used it before. Of course after $200 I would need a new shock. I need a new shock anyway though. So is it worth the $$. I do some shuttle runs, & chairlifts. Still pedal up on some of the runs around here and don't really hit anything over 5' yet.

scroll to bottom
http://www.risseracing.com/product_frames.shtml
if you are spending 200 for that and more for a shock, then I would sell your frame and buy a new one or sell the whole bike and buy a new big Hit

#3 ·
Matty, I don't have the '01 version, but I do have a very similar one for the '00 Big Hit Enduro. In fact I have the whole rear end from Risse for that bike...swingarm, swinglink, and seatstays. My swinglink looks just like that, though obviously not exact. It uses the same exact tuneable inserts at the lower shock mount, and that has been bulletproof up to this point. I had an MRP link that used a similar but slightly different tuneable shock mount, and it developed play which required southern engineering to fix. This whole Risse rear end has been bombproof. It stopped all rear end wiggle that my model of Big Hit was famous for. Risse quality on their CNC'd stuff is excellent. I use this bike on our local trail almost all the time, so it's had lots of mileage on it.

Attachments

#4 ·
TNC thanks for the info. That link does look similar. And thats a good review.

SMT that is also an option I am debating. But with cash a little tight, I shouldn't even be really doing this, I would have to get a used bike with a used shock & everything else used. Not sure what I would need to replace then. Wonder what I could sell the bike for though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.