Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Central Coast/805/Bay Area/SoCal/NorCal/Cali: Stolen Demo8

1K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  bikenweed 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my Demo8 just got stolen this afternoon. If ya'lls could keep an eye open, that would be freaking rad. It's the first non-ghetto DH bike I've ever owned, and wanted to race pro with it this summer.

It got stolen here in San Luis Obispo, but the police think it'll be in SoCal or NorCal soon.

Specs:
2006 Demo 8 pro, brown, medium, Swinger 4way, ti spring
2005 Fox 40RC2
Silver King headset
Funn FatBoy bars
Odi lock on ruffians
Black Hayes Mag brakes
Holzfeller Howitizer cranks (OCT prototypes)
Gamut P40 chainguide
SRAM hollow link chain
Dura Ace deraillure
XTR shifter
XT cassette
Bright red SDG seat
Wheels:
Specialized front hub/gray 721 rim, black spokes
XT rear hub, rr wheel missing 1 spoke, black and dented 721 rim
Highroller tires.
Uber distinguishing characteristic: Summit Bikes sticker on the top tube. Blown to hell front wheel bearings. Bontrager vibration reducing barends.

If you see it, or have any info, give me a call at (408) 472-0693.

Many THANKS!

See less See more
#7 ·
I hope that fvck comes here to SB. If I found him I would send you back your bike and his hands..... (sawed off but still on the handle bars).

I hate thieves more than anything!! Bike thieves should get tortured for a week or so with sweet powertools then fed to my alligator which I hope to have soon.

#8 ·
n8whitie said:
I hope that fvck comes here to SB. If I found him I would send you back your bike and his hands..... (sawed off but still on the handle bars).

I hate thieves more than anything!! Bike thieves should get tortured for a week or so with sweet powertools then fed to my alligator which I hope to have soon.
....Alligator?

#14 ·
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. 4 years here at CalPoly, and this is the first bike I've had stolen, so it's not too bad. In all honesty, everything is gonna be fine, I have insurance on it, and I have an XC bike to keep on riding with. So glad this didn't happen last year in Spain!

#23 · (Edited)
bikenweed said:
Yep, you know the spot Rich. I remember meeting you at SandHill in early '04 at a slalom race. I had a hoopty Chameleon with some haggard parts on it. Weren't you a GRC major at Poly in the early '90s?
That's right, you had the SLOCAL shirt or sticker, if I recall. I spam'd my fraternity's YahooGroup and linked them to this thread since members are in in SLO, LA, and the Bay. I don't know if my bros have a keen enough eye to identify a DH bike, but it's worth spreading the word.
-Rich
class o' 2k

PS: x-posted on msdhw:
http://www.msdhw.com/forum/showthread.php?p=66049

#25 ·
Thanks, I went to his webpage, and the serial number on his frame is different than on mine. It seems possible that the fork could be mine, but there's no way to really tell. It kinda seems too legit to be my bike, as he has the stock demo wheels, the DHX, and a different saddle.

Many thanks for looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.