Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

seatpost height?

461 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mtnbykr06 
#1 ·
how can i mesure the ideal seatpost height on my dh bike?is it a personal thing or their are general guidelines for dh specific purpose?

#3 ·
yeah when im riding i usually keep it medium, a little high if im gonna be sitting down a lot with no jumps or technical, and really low if its technical with jumps and im gonna be standing up a lot. I usually adjust the seat height often during rides but do whatever feels good.

#4 ·
robinbrd311 said:
yeah when im riding i usually keep it medium, a little high if im gonna be sitting down a lot with no jumps or technical, and really low if its technical with jumps and im gonna be standing up a lot. I usually adjust the seat height often during rides but do whatever feels good.
what kind of setup do you run?

i had a 2006 8 flat 8 last year and for me the seatpost was generally an inch high...now my 2007 setup is way more race orientated...i,ve seen several dh movies such as the earhed dh world cup movies and it seems like every world cup racers are running with high seatpost...

#5 ·
I generally run mine so that it is knee high (to grip) when stood up, which also means that if you are sat down, you can pedal - albeit that you wouldn't want to pedal an XC loop like that....

You don't need it that low for jumps adn drops. Try is up a little, you can rest it into your leg for stability on the bike in corners. Too low and the bike rolls around underneath you more.

But it is generally personal taste. I know people that only have it there to sit on when they stop riding rather than sitting on the ground!

#6 ·
Most of the Pros on the World Cup circuit run theirs fairly high. This is for more control, and when you sit to pedal, you get some power out of it.

I set mine up so that when I sit down, and my right pedal is straight up, my right thigh is parallel to the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.