Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

chainguide for Trek/Saints

477 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  sittingduck 
#1 ·
Chainguide for Trek/Saints

Is this going to work on the session 77?

See less See more
#2 ·
you will hate that chainguide! I had it and it sqeaked sooo much. at first i thought it just need to be broken in but it persisted for ever. Finally i removed the top black park and just left the roller on bottom. I would not buy that. two rollers would work better.

#7 ·
njhcx4xlife said:
I have heard they work well. I don't see how the top piece would squeak since it doesn't even move. Most guides don't use 2 rollers either so I don't quite understand Hab1b's complaint. If it did squeak from the roller it doesn't seem like a problem a little lube couldn't solve.
ok so i did a poor job of explaining the issue. basically the problem i had with it is this. The Top piece sits on the chain and the rubbing causes a annoying creaking /squeaking noise. I raised the top piece up so it wouldnt be on the chain and it worked for a little while until i started hitting some drops then the top peice just slid down again and was sitting on the chain. Two rollers is obviously not the standard, i was saying you would be better off with 2 rollers than that top peice. try it out if you want. maybe i got a bad guide, all i know is it was creaky and then i took it off the creaking stopped.

#8 ·
hab1b said:
ok so i did a poor job of explaining the issue. basically the problem i had with it is this. The Top piece sits on the chain and the rubbing causes a annoying creaking /squeaking noise. I raised the top piece up so it wouldnt be on the chain and it worked for a little while until i started hitting some drops then the top peice just slid down again and was sitting on the chain. Two rollers is obviously not the standard, i was saying you would be better off with 2 rollers than that top peice. try it out if you want. maybe i got a bad guide, all i know is it was creaky and then i took it off the creaking stopped.
Makes more sense now...weird still but makes more sense. I've never heard of that happening but i'm not calling BS either. Atleast you solved the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.