Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

888 works

673 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  .WestCoastHucker. 
#1 ·
Has anyone here heard about or has tried this fork? I heard that they take an rc2x and trick it out...is that true? Could someone tell me if it is good and rides well?

Thanks

#3 ·
Yes, they hand polish the bushings, grease the sliders, put teflon additive in the oil, and tune the oil height to your weight and riding style. I've talked to Marz about it, and I will be having them "Works" my 66 in a week or 2. It only costs $100 (not much more than a basic rebuild)

I cant vouch for the ride first hand yet, but everything I have read about it says its night & day difference for the better.

#7 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
yeah, his has the works, but he says his old shiver feels better. i'd save the money since it's obviously a scam if his several year old shiver feels better than his custom "works" 888.....
Basically My 888 isn't fully broken in.......I also backed off more of my low speed compression...which is giving me a plusher feel too

Personally I feel most people feel night and day difference because their oil hasn't been changed for a while.......if you keep your oil clean....I don't think it is worth the extra 60 bucks(IMO)

G
#9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Basically My 888 isn't fully broken in.......I also backed off more of my low speed compression...which is giving me a plusher feel too

Personally I feel most people feel night and day difference because their oil hasn't been changed for a while.......if you keep your oil clean....I don't think it is worth the extra 60 bucks(IMO)
after like 2+ months still isnt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.