Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Vp free w/ 07 fox 40rc2 ! Finally done!

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Blaster1200 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to mtbr and wanted to show off my finished up ride.
I'm just about done with it, maybe some goodridge lines and a Ti spring. She's bit on the heavy side weighing in at 44.6 lbs but I like strong parts.

Here are some pics :

SPECS :

Frame: Vp free anodized silver w/ fox dhx5.0
Fork: 07 fox 40 rc2
Brakes: Shimano saint with dual control levers
Der: Shimano saint
Hubs: Shimano saint
Rims: Mavic ex 729 with dt swiss champion spokes
Tires: Michelin dh comp 32 front and comp 16 rear
Headset: Chris king
Stem: Diabolus
Handlebars: Diabolus
Grips: Diabolus
Seatpost : Diabolus
Saddle : SDG
Cranks : Diabolus with E:13 srs chainguide
Pedals: BMW shinburgers

Thats about it! Leave comments or suggestions and rate her if you'd like.

Simon

See less See more
#6 ·
jon_boy said:
That's a really nice looking build with some curious specs. For instance you don't usually see the Saint Dual Control levers/shifters used and the number of spacers under the stem is curious too. Do you need the bars that high? How tall are you?
The reason I have those levers is because they came on the bike even before my modificatinos. THey have a nice feel and I find it actually simple to shift and all. As for the spacers its because I didn't want to cut the fork's tube, never know if I wanna sell the fork or trade, I find its safer that way.

#12 ·
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Holy bar height batman! Get them spacers outta there and you'll be set. Looks like a sick ride other than that.
Agreed! You bought the fork to use it, right? You can leave 10mm of spacer above the stem. Besides, you probably should get the bars lowered so you can more easily shift your weight forward in turns.

Sweet looking ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.