Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

When Shivers smoke crack and do steroids!

6K views 67 replies 34 participants last post by  mtnbykr06 
#1 ·
Pretty damn burly!

Any one know about these? I think they "look" pretty damn cool.

8 inches travel, inverted, 40mm stanchions! Under 7.8 lbs!

check out the site

http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
didn't X-fusion produce some shady rear shocks in the past that sucked?

wonder if they aren't upping the game.

I would try one of their forks if I had tons of money just sitting around.

If they sell for cheaper than Zokes + RS, and hold up decently along with perform well, then I would expect them to have a good prouct in the future.

#6 ·
it won't be as smooth as a Shiver because it has a air in one leg.........that how it is so lite, but I wonder what it would be like

FYI.........Marzocchi is introducing a new fork at Sea Otter......... go look at it......will but a heavy damper on Fox 40 sales (I quarantee that)...it is insane....I am not allowed to say more so don't ask

#8 · (Edited)
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
it won't be as smooth as a Shiver because it has a air in one leg.........that how it is so lite, but I wonder what it would be like

FYI.........Marzocchi is introducing a new fork at Sea Otter......... go look at it......will but a heavy damper on Fox 40 sales (I quarantee that)...it is insane....I am not allowed to say more so don't ask
Actually thats just the air model. They have a pure coil one too!

I've heard Marzocchi is coming out with stuff for 08 that is supposed to take on Fox and RS and tear them a new one!

Marzocchi really had the market cornered until RS came along with the New Line of Motion Control forks. Everyone and their grandma has a MC Boxxer these days for DH.
I think Marzocchi had a lot of technology up their sleeves and is being forced to bring all out in this recent technology war.

#11 ·
Isnt Black Market on XFusion this year? Saw a blurb somewhere. I get the impression that they are really pushing to become a major suspension brand and be mentioned in the same vane as the 'top 3' (or ost visible 3)

MY impression is they're a cheesy brand trying to climb up. IMHO a name like 'X-Fusion' is a ticket to remaining perceived as junk. JUST MHO!

I still think 'Rock Shox' is pretty cheesy tho - but no where NEAR as cheesy as 'X-Fusion'

Gnarbot..

#13 ·
Yep Black Mrkt just signed with them.
They might be an up-and-comer but they need to build a LOT of cred to be anywhere near Marz, Fox, or RS.
Huck Banzai: Are those the "big three" you were talking about? IMO Manipoo has fallen behind big time.
RS is far from cheesy IMO and the last RS I owned was a Psylo (total crap).

#14 ·
Yes, I have a Delta fork.

It's a fine piece of crapmanship from RST that was a recall replacement for my original Hi-5. Does anyone even remember the old Hi-5? Somehow the name Delta just didn't have the panache of the Hi-5. Ahhhh...the good old days.:D

Attachments

#15 ·
markseelos805 said:
I love marzocchi but can the new fork really be that much better than the 888rc2x or fox 40?
I don't know anything about it but I saw some REALLY early pics. I haven't heard them mentioned in the same conversation but word has it they are working on a higher-flow (more sensitive) version of the RC2 cartridge. Wouldn't surprise me if they were the same project.

#16 ·
Huck Banzai said:
Isnt Black Market on XFusion this year? Saw a blurb somewhere. I get the impression that they are really pushing to become a major suspension brand and be mentioned in the same vane as the 'top 3' (or ost visible 3)

MY impression is they're a cheesy brand trying to climb up. IMHO a name like 'X-Fusion' is a ticket to remaining perceived as junk. JUST MHO!

I still think 'Rock Shox' is pretty cheesy tho - but no where NEAR as cheesy as 'X-Fusion'

Gnarbot..
They aren't a cheesy brand. I'm not sure what difference their name makes? Sure it sounds like a Wal Mart brand, but it isn't. Once more people get on them they will lose their cheesiness.

I'm pretty sure a few of the people from X-Fusion are former Fox employees, atleast their engineer is.

Their new stuff is awesome. The Vector DH2 comes stock with a TI spring, and from what I hear rides very well. (I will be on one this year)

Plus, they're dumping money into races to help push racing.

#18 ·
I dont know about marzocchi tearing fox and RS a new one. because a 40 would LOOK good on my bike. thats one of the reasons it will stay a fav. plus, fox has been good to me. marz hasn't. so no matter what marz comes out with, I probably wont buy it. not new at least.

#20 ·
They're from Los Gatos so they can't be cheesy :rolleyes:

Huck Banzai said:

Gnarbot..

#22 ·
dusthuffer said:
They're from Los Gatos so they can't be cheesy :rolleyes:
Actually their from Cambell, they just relocated from Santa Cruz.

If they were from Los Gatos it would look all metro-sexual, stink of expresso, be way overpriced, and would only be rated for highly groomed trails, no rocks larger than a marbel.:nono:

#24 ·
DeepSouthBuilder said:
No Marz's new fork is not inverted. They've been leaking info for about a year now.
Uhh DSB, I was talking about the X-Fusion fork on the top...

Speaking of Marzocchi, I wonder what the new fork for Marzo be? will the new technology be accross the board from the Corsas to the 888s?

#25 ·
matt said:
They aren't a cheesy brand. I'm not sure what difference their name makes? Sure it sounds like a Wal Mart brand, but it isn't. Once more people get on them they will lose their cheesiness.

I'm pretty sure a few of the people from X-Fusion are former Fox employees, atleast their engineer is.

Their new stuff is awesome. The Vector DH2 comes stock with a TI spring, and from what I hear rides very well. (I will be on one this year)

Plus, they're dumping money into races to help push racing.
I dont mean the forks are cheesy - I mean the name 'Rock Shox' is cheesy!

But not as cheesy as 'X Fusion'

Might as well call them 'Galactic-Turbo-Masters'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.